Senior Java Developer, Central London – Up to £80k DOE plus benefits
This fantastic tech agency is one of the fastest growing businesses on the planet, employing hundreds of professionals across technology, marketing, data, automation, and more. They’re now looking for a top-quality Senior Java Developer to assist in taking this tech agency to new heights.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Java Developer to work closely with the lead developer of a multi-discipline-spanning Java web application. This Senior Java Developer will contribute to architectural decision making and will subsequently code and deliver high quality and highly performant solutions. As Senior Java Developer you’ll specialisen in back-end development.
This Senior Java Developer will:
• Collaborate with the wider team to analyse, design and ship new features
• Design and build back-end microservices written in Java Spring Boot to run in Google Kubernetes Engine
• Build code using a test-first/TDD/BDD approach maintaining a high level of automated test coverage
• Design and build front-end applications using the latest version of Angular
• Collaborate with DevOps to build a comprehensive set of CI/CD pipelines that allow the team to deliver features on a continual basis.
• Develop and evolve coding standards within the team and wider department
• Mentor others in the team and help perform code reviews
This Senior Java Developer will have:
• Experience building scalable enterprise level solutions with Java J2EE and Spring Boot
• Experience architecting enterprise level applications
• Experience using cloud PaaS preferably Google Cloud Platform
• Experience using cloud based server-less technologies, message queues, caching technology, object storage solutions, data storage solutions (relational and NoSQL), API gateways, containers and container orchestration platforms such as Google Kubernetes Engine
• Experience re-architecting monolithic applications using a cloud first approach to improve resilience, scalability (application scalability + team scalability), performance, ability to build and release features more quickly.
• Highly proficient at writing code with a TDD approach and experience working in projects achieving a high level of test automation preferably using a BDD approach
• Experience working in cross functional and self-organising Scrum Agile teams
• Experience with Git based source control such as Bit Bucket
• Ability to identify options for potential solutions and assess them for technical and business suitability
• Ability to mentor the team with technical practices and development skills.
•A desire to keep abreast of technical and industry developments
This fast growing tech agency adopts a very employee centric approach, which is proven when you see the benefits they offer their employees.
If you’re a Senior Java Developer whose focus is on joining a tech agency with a focus taking your career to the next level please get in touch quoting job reference AP903d
Please also visit www.air-recruitment.com