Volunteer Marketing Manager
Saron, Carmarthenshire (office/home based)
Founded by Skanda Vale multi-faith monastery, Skanda Vale Hospice is the first and only inpatient hospice in the UK to be run entirely by professional volunteers.
The hospice offers truly bespoke, whole-person care to meet the personal, emotional, practical, physical and spiritual needs of adults with life-limiting illnesses.
We are currently seeking a Volunteer Marketing Manager to join our team in a newly formed role, working at least two days a week, helping us deliver an exciting new marketing strategy.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a marketing professional looking to put their expertise and experience to inspiring and meaningful use. This voluntary role will help shape the future of our Hospice through creative and impactful marketing.
You will play a critical role in helping to shape our Marketing Department, recruiting and supporting a wonderful team of volunteers and overseeing their management.
Skanda Vale Hospice provides guidance, support and training and goes to great lengths to ensure our volunteers feel valued and listened to. If you are eager to become part of our supportive and collaborative team and want to make a truly positive difference, we want to hear from you.
As the Volunteer Marketing Manager, you will be responsible for developing and implementing our new marketing and communications strategy.
You will build a talented team of marketing volunteers, creating a Marketing Department that delivers impactful and inspirational communications, supports income generation and enhances our reputation, both nationally and locally.
As well as providing support to the Marketing and Communications Team, your key focus in the first year will be to:
- Establish internal processes to support the successful function of the Marketing and Communications Department
- Develop our internal communications and create a positive culture
- Improve the user journey and online experience
- Set up scenario planning and issues management processes
- Create a content plan and a calendar of activities
- Explore and establish a programme to allow our community, to fundraise and advocate on behalf of the Hospice
To join us as the Volunteer Marketing Manager, you will need:
- Experience of working across the full marketing and communications mix, particularly owned and earned channels (digital, print and PR)
- Confidence in delivering change communications and internal comms
- Line management experience, including recruitment and development of new team members
- The ability to multitask in all aspects of marketing delivery
- Understanding of the big picture and the need to focus on results, impact and outcomes
- Excellent people and communication skills, both verbal and written
- The ability to build good relationships
- The ability to work on your own initiative, manage challenging priorities and work to deadlines
Experience of working with a voluntary workforce would be beneficial, as would experience of working in charities or the public sector. An understanding of the Governance and risk structures of these organisations would be equally advantageous.
An interest in social care or palliative care would be desirable.
The working days for this volunteer role will vary from month to month. We anticipate the role may require 10 – 12 days a month, or at least two days a week.
Other organisations may call this role Volunteer Marketing and Communications Manager, Volunteer Digital Marketing Manager, Charity Marketing Manager, Marketing Team Leader, Marketing Manager, Marketing Communications Manager, or Marcomms Manager.
Webrecruit and Skanda Vale Hospice support equal opportunities and value diversity. We believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Volunteer Marketing Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.