Redhill, Surrey (hybrid working with travel around the various sites as required)
If you are a creative and proactive individual, eager to take the next step in your career in a busy, fast-paced environment, providing high-quality, engaging and informative content to our customers and colleagues, this is an exciting opportunity to join us here at SES Water.
Our vision is to be an outstanding water company delivering service excellence and we believe our people are integral to helping us achieve our goal to ensure that we deliver a high-quality service that is reliable and resilient. Our plan for the future is to ensure the services we provide are fair, future-proof, good for the planet and utilise smart technology. Water plays a role in all our lives. It’s an essential service and one that we are proud to deliver to our customers and communities.
We don’t just want to be proud of what we do, we also want to celebrate how we do it. We are an inclusive Team that values diversity and community, what makes us different as well as what we have in common. Your contribution to delivering our Business Plan over the next 5 years and our 5 pledges to our customers is vital. We aren’t just recruiting for experience - potential, fit and values are fundamental to building and developing our team. We want you to develop, grow and succeed and enjoy working at SES.
SES Water supplies 160 million litres of fresh water to over 735,000 people across Kent, Surrey and South London every day.
Why you should join our team:
At SES Water, we value our colleagues and the incredible work they do and strive to create a working environment where people thrive. Joining us means joining a collaborative team and a culture that encourages innovation.
You will have access to excellent training and development opportunities which will enable you to build on your skills, knowledge and experience and make a success of your role.
What’s more, we recognise strong performance, reward hard work and offer excellent career development and progression opportunities across the business.
- Salary of circa £32,000 per annum
- Up to 10% employer contribution towards Aviva's Group Personal Pension Plan
- Free on-site parking or in the local area
- Working hours: 8.30am – 5pm Monday – Thursday and 8.30am – 4.30pm on Fridays + on call rota (from mid-November) one week in five. Hybrid working available with three days in the office and two days working from home.
As a Communications Officer, you will create high-quality and timely content for a variety of different channels, keeping our audiences engaged and informed.
Handling your own portfolio of work, such as water quality, water resources or network resilience, you will develop and deliver effective and targeted communication strategies which cover internal, external and digital channels.
You will lead the development, management and delivery of reactive and/or proactive communications in relation to planned events, change programmes or in response to operational incidents, issues or media enquiries.
In this exciting role, you will also:
- Maintain and improve existing communication methods and identify new channels
- Monitor the effectiveness of communications activity
- Deliver and/or organise training for others on a communications specialism
- Participate in the out-of-hours communications rota
Other organisations may call this role Communications and Engagement Officer, PR Officer, Public Relations Officer, Press Officer, Media Officer, Digital Communications Officer, Digital Content Officer, Copywriter, or Marketing and Communications Officer.
At SES Water, we recruit based on potential, values and fit, rather than just experience and qualifications. We’re seeking a Communications Officer with:
- A proactive and self-motivated attitude
- Good attention to detail
- Good knowledge of the functions of a corporate communications team
- A keen interest in digital communication trends and communications best practice
- Experience in a similar multi-stream (omnicompetent) role
- Experience of working in an office-based communications or PR environment, either in-house or agency
- Experience in producing integrated communications across various disciplines such as internal, media relations, campaigns, digital and events
- Stakeholder management experience
- Supplier management experience
- A full, valid driving licence
A degree in a related subject would be beneficial to your application, as would a working knowledge of the UK water industry and associated communication issues.
- Life assurance
- Bonus scheme
- 23 days’ holiday per year, increasing to 27 with service
- Give as you earn scheme
- Financial education, savings and personal loans through Neyber
- Aqualibrium - our wellbeing programme including Mental Health First Aiders and free annual comprehensive health checks
- Simply Health Cash Plan, Surgical Choices and Rewards
- Confidential crisis support, counselling and legal advice
- One day paid volunteering a year
- Discounts with our subsidiaries and Garage
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit, who SES Water work in partnership with. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency. If you require any reasonable adjustments as part of our recruitment process, please get in touch and let us know. We’re also happy to discuss flexible working options should the role accommodate it.
If you are seeking your next challenge as a Communications Officer, select the apply button shown to be brought through to the application process.
Please note, applications will be reviewed and applicants contacted throughout for an immediate start.
The health and wellbeing of our staff and interviewees is paramount, so we have put practices in place to keep all parties safe.