Senior Java Developer, Work from Home - UK – Up to £70k DOE plus benefits
This fantastic tech owner is one of the fastest growing businesses on the planet, employing hundreds of professionals across technology, marketing, data, automation, and more. They’re now looking for a top-quality Senior Java Developer to assist in taking this tech owner to new heights.
We’re looking for an experienced Senior Java Developer to work closely with the lead developer of a multi-discipline-spanning Java web application. This Senior Java Developer will contribute to architectural decision making and will subsequently code and deliver high quality and highly performant solutions. As Senior Java Developer you’ll specialise in back-end development.
We’re looking for a strong Senior Java Developer experienced in cloud first development. You’ll be working in a Scrum Agile team alongside front-end, back-end devs, DBAs, dev-ops, QA and product owners building the companies next generation of scalable SaaS products using the latest architectural patterns and practices, development frameworks, cloud technologies and software delivery practices. We are looking for team players that are able to code solutions and have some familiarity with the latest patterns and practices.
What this Senior Java Developer will do:
• Collaborate with your team to implement and deliver sustainable solutions following best practice methodologies
• Build back-end microservices written in Java to run on Google Cloud Platform
• Write code using a test-first/TDD/BDD approach maintaining a high level of automated test coverage
• Collaborate with DevOps in building a comprehensive set of CI/CD pipelines that allow the team to deliver features on a continual basis
• Apply coding best practices and help to evolve coding standards within the team and wider department
• Perform code reviews and work with the team to ensure work is delivered to a high level of quality
How will this Senior Java Developer succeed:
• You’re passionate about engineering high quality and well thought through enterprise level solutions
• Able to implement high quality code and deliver on time and as per estimate
• Demonstrate good attention to detail with the majority of work tasks passing QA and reaching “Done” in 1-2 attempts
• Able to analyse and troubleshoot technical issues and provide options for solutions
What this Senior Java Developer need to know:
• Good java development skills using modern Java, Java frameworks and associated build and dependency management solutions
• Have a passion for adopting good on object-oriented design principles, best practices, patterns and clean code development
• Experience building container-based java solutions with REST APIs
• Experience (2+ years) building server-side applications
• Experience with some or all of the following: cloud based server-less technologies, message queues, caching technology, object storage solutions, data storage solutions (e.g. relational, NoSQL, graph), API gateways and container orchestration platforms such as Google Kubernetes Engine
• Proficient at writing TDD code with a high level of test automation preferably following a BDD approach
• Experience working in cross functional and self-organising Agile teams
• Experience with CI/CD, build tools and Git based source control such as BitBucket
• Experience with unix style shells and commands
If you’re a Senior Java Developer whose focus is on joining a tech owner with a focus taking your career to the next level please get in touch quoting job reference AP967d.
Please also visit www.air-recruitment.com