Communications and Website Content Manager - £35,000 - £38,000
Your new company
You will be working for a charity that live and breaths education for all. I have supported my client in placing talented, motivated and personable candidates up to now, and we are now looking for another addition to the team to take the lead on Communications/Website content/Social around a specific SEND programme that is key to the charity and those it helps.
Your new role
My client is looking to recruit an individual experienced in Marketing and Communications to support the Whole School SEND consortium in raising the profile of WSS and the work it does across the education sector through effective and measurable communications activity and ensure the SEND gateway, the website that hosts all training, resources and information that supports the contract, is engaging and meets the needs of its users.
You will be fed content, and it is up to you to strategically map and plan the communications to utilise the best platforms for the message to go out on.
You will have lots of autonomy, as you will work closely with the Marketing Manager along with the Head of the programme, this programme will be your responsibility and the following will be for you to run with: Mail outs, Event promotions, Positive case studies, Key stakeholder messaging, Product promotion, the creation of content based on information provided by Department of Education.
The original post-holder is completely relocating however they have put an extremely comprehensive handover together including all 'key timings' for social posts etc based on the educational sector audience. This handover also includes a full communications strategy which is YOURS to digest and amend as you feel appropriate!
Web content will be uploaded by others in the digital team to keep you focussed on the bigger picture and the communications themselves. You will play a key part in the organisation and the charity is rapidly growing their membership including growing international presence.
What you'll need to succeed
- You need to be a strong writer with an eye for accuracy along with an understanding of your audience
- You must have strong omnichannel performance knowledge and have examples to talk about where you have taken content squeezed the positive engagement and adapted the content to work in the most effective way across social/website
- You need to have strong strategic ability to look at the bigger picture and plan ahead
- You will be able to work on multiple newsletters at any one time and have examples of doing this to give
- You will have examples of working with a designer where you have given a brief on newsletter layout & design
- You will have experience using Google Analytics and reporting to senior stakeholders
- You will be comfortable attending their Covid safe office 2-3 days a week based in Tamworth (free parking)
- You need to have a genuine moral compass aligned to not only the work you do but mainly the charitable sector as that is where you will truly deliver your best work in this role!
What you'll get in return
- Flexible working options available
- Free parking on site
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or to speed up the process, fire across a copy of your cv to Veronica Hardaker.
1 stage interview process is likely - ideal to be OPEN to interviewing face to face (with covid measures in place)