Marketing & Communications Officer Position Based in Bolton.
Your new company
Bolton Cares Ltd is a local authority trading company, wholly owned by Bolton Council. They provide a range of care and support services to 1,000 residents across Bolton and Greater Manchester, including day opportunities; support and activities; supported living, extra care, shared lives and care within the home across Bolton and the surrounding areas. They support a wide range of people, including Adults with Learning Disabilities, Autism Spectrum Conditions, Mental Health and Dementia diagnosis as well as the frail and elderly. They are now looking to take on an experienced all round marketeer to support their web content, social media, press and internal and external communications.
Your new role
Reporting to the MD and sitting within the People team you will
- Lead their marketing activities in order to grow and develop the business (to include digital marketing, social media, branding and web)
- Develop innovative and effective recruitment advertising campaigns in collaboration with the Operations and People teams
- Manage all external communications to increase brand awareness and positive recognition of the organisation, alongside all internal communications to keep staff informed and engaged.
- Be their nominated press and media officer. Handling all proactive and reactive press and media enquiries.
This is a varied marketing position with huge potential for the selected candidate to grow the presence of the business and for them to be involved in a very rewarding organisation that provides essential services for the local community.
The working hours for this position can be flexible with the opportunity to work from home. There could also be the opportunity for part time or reduced hours with the organisation looking for support from 30 - 37 hours per week.
What you'll need to succeed
To be successful in this position you will need proven previous experience in a general marketing position. You should be able to demonstrate the ability to run social media channels, produce web content and press releases and also have been involved in internal and external communications in previous roles. You must be passionate about what the organisations aims and objectives.
A background in adult social care or local authority could be beneficial but isn't necessary for this role.
What you'll get in return
In return you will receive a competitive salary of £32000 and a generous benefits package including;
- 6% employer contribution pension scheme
- 21 days leave (increasing to 26 after 5 years) plus bank holidays - opportunity to purchase extra leave
- Free on site parking
- Life insurance and Sick pay scheme
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.