Your new company
Working for the NHS within a fast paced a reactive team.
Your new role
- The Deputy Director of Communications and Engagement is the designated deputy for the Director of Communications and Engagement, as well as overseeing the work of the full communications and engagement directorate (internal communications, volunteering, charity, external communications and partnerships) when he/she is on leave and at other times, as well as attending, as appropriate, the Trust Executive Committee and Trust Board.
- You will be a member of the Chief Executive's Delivery Unit, meeting weekly and will be responsible for the development of Trust wide strategy; cultural change; and, protecting the Trust's corporate reputation, both across the NHS itself and in the wider public and political environment.
- As part of the Unit, you will provide direct media advice to the Chief Executive, ensuring we meet the objectives of the Delivery Unit.
What you'll need to succeed
- Significant, demonstrable and up-to-date experience of working in media
and social media in a high-profile communications environment
- Ability to process highly complex and sensitive information and reframe
this into messages and action that fits within the corporate narrative for
- Substantial experience and ability to present controversial information to
potentially hostile audiences including journalists and politicians, and
remain calm and persuasive
- Build and maintain strong working relationships at senior level in partner
- Work closely with Internal Communications team to ensure consistency of message and
collaborative working across all communications channels and to all audiences, both
internal and external
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.