The purpose of this role is to support the development and implementation of marketing and communications plans and activities across the business. The objective is to meet industry’s needs by promoting our resources, services and work, support the delivery of the annual marketing plan, and contribute to enhancing our relationships, reputation and revenue, and to align with the business plan. You will liaise with colleagues from across the business to support and deliver a range of industry communication, marketing and PR tactics. The focus is very much on the execution of these tactics.
- Support the marketing managers in developing and implementing communication plans and campaigns, as part of the overarching strategy, to raise the profile of RSSB’s work, products and services identifying channels, timescales and appropriate evaluation metrics.
- Working with the wider marketing team and internal clients, lead the development and execution of specific marketing, message development, PR and communications activities for the business, in support of the overarching strategy, getting familiar with the topics, issues and projects RSSB undertakes.
- Develop effective relationships with key external and internal stakeholders, to ensure understanding of all current and future resources and services and their marketing, PR and communications requirements.
- Develop and use marketing, PR and communication channels to generate the right awareness, interest, desire and action with members and customers, working with the events, digital and engagement teams, to contribute to the organisation’s commercial targets.
- Support the delivery of marketing and communications activities on behalf of key teams, commissioning, developing or writing content for paid, earned, shared and owned media, supporting the take-up of our outputs by members and the wider industry.
- Act as a press officer supporting media relations work and responses to enquiries from journalists about RSSB and the issues on which we provide insight.
- Working with the wider marketing team, support the operation of our email marketing, CRM and social media channels, including planning, scheduling and monitoring RSSB’s key social profile and associated on-line dialogue.
- A general level of education at degree or professional level, or the equivalent level of attainment gained through a period of professional experience.
- Understanding of the marketing and communications process with the ability to use marketing tools and techniques to increase the visibility, profile and reputation of a B2B organisation, and in particular, promote its resources and services.
- Solid understanding of the marcomms and media mix (paid, earned, shared, owned), including email marketing and social media.
- Ability to manage press office enquiries, managing requests from journalists in a timely and sensitive manner, to protect and enhance the organisation’s reputation
- Ability to plan and implement a range of activities across different channels including web, traditional media, social media and email marketing.
- Ability to write stories, articles, news releases and social media content to meet relevant marketing and communications objectives and convey the value of our work to key audiences.
- Familiar and experience in social media, including planning, scheduling and monitoring posts, campaigns, channels and conversations.
- A proactive approach with the ability to spot a good story and help promote benefits, communicating clearly and persuasively.
- Effective interpersonal and negotiation skills with the ability to persuade influence and, when appropriate, challenge with tact and diplomacy.
- Effective communication skills with the ability to turn technical information into stories and key messages for campaigns.
- Committed to CPD via membership offered by professional bodies, such as the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) or Chartered Institute of Public Relations (CIPR) – note that RSSB will fund membership of a relevant professional body and supports CPD as part of your career path
- Effective organisational skills with the ability to work under pressure and manage own workload.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office and apps/software relevant to digital marketing and media relations.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team as well as on your own.
- Ability to build and maintain highly effective working relationships with a range of stakeholders (both internally and externally)
- Adaptable to fast-changing priorities.
Early applications are encouraged, as we may close this vacancy before the advertised deadline if sufficient numbers of applications are received.