Design Research Lead, London, Up to £60k Dependant on Experience.
Are you a Design Research Lead looking for your next big challenge? This Design Research Lead role will be working at one of the most innovative, well-respected mobile and consumer tech brands across the world. Being here you’ll have the opportunity to work on innovation in the latest tech development – especially UX.
The key focus of the Design Research Lead will be to lead the team through the research process for innovation with the aim of delivering insight and market intelligence into the relevant stage of the project process.
As Design Research Lead you’ll be responsible for helping lead innovation projects from start to finish, alongside members of the Insight and Innovation team, including working with and managing external partners.
The successful Design Research Lead’s responsibilities will include:
- Be responsible for structuring human-centred research programmes
- Become insight/consumer champion, leading the understanding and collation of new trends, lifestyles and behaviours within the I&I team.
- Turn insights into design opportunities; leadership of ensuring standard methodology in qualitative and quantitative research in all project outputs
- To develop techniques to test new insight and concept output from the Innovation process in as ‘real world’ a way as possible in order to create compelling business cases
- To support the team in the proposing, winning, and managing of Innovation projects
- You will be responsible for commissioning and contracting any partner agencies for this function, and work alongside them to co-lead insight workshops
- Lead communication with research agencies and handle agency alignment and performance
- Support with delivery of new innovative concepts (digital and physical)
- Collaborate closely within all areas of the business, to handle joint research and to collect insights
- Share Insights and trends with the wider organisation
- Take an active role in I&I’s non-project activities
This Research Design Lead will preferably have the following:
- Must be a confident moderator of ad-hoc consumer groups or one-on-one interviews
- Must have good networking into market research firms
- Must be highly creative, innovative and design/consumer minded, and user led in approach
- Must have excellent presentation skills
- Must have at least 4-5 years of proven experience leading insight and market intelligence
- Must have ability to generate compelling trend research from market data and garnering insight from consumer data
- Candidates need a strong foundation in ‘hybrid’ research utilising qualitative and quantitative methods
If this sounds like the perfect Research Design Lead role for you, please get in touch quoting job reference SP057.
Please also take a look at www.air-recruitment.com