PR & Communications Officer
Hybrid working options available - North Oxfordshire/Midland border. Commutable from Banbury, Bicester, Northamptonshire, Milton Keynes etc.
A leading FMCG organisation based in North Oxfordshire
Due to an increase in activity, my client is looking for a PR & Communications Officer to join their forward thinking comms team. This role is responsible for managing relationships with the press/ media, driving award recognition along with content and communications using social media and other digital platforms.
This is an excellent role to progress your career as it will also be taking the lead on a wide range of press activities within the team; focusing primarily on brand and reputation in local, trade and digital media - Brand reputation is part of their licence to do business and is extremely valuable!
- Support the delivery of the PR strategy
- Proactively identify and deliver opportunities to protect and enhance the brand reputation
- Support and lead areas of the communications response in crisis situations
- Manage all digital communication channels, including website and social media
- Act as a trusted adviser on communications to the wider business, including senior stakeholders
- Take ownership of press queries and related activities
- Produce content and press releases to be used across multiple platforms
- Experience within a PR environment (either client side or agency side)
- Direct experience of managing press enquiries and media relations
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and written
- Proactive and driven
- Strong people skills, able to quickly build durable and production relationships
- Strong desire to learn and develop your skillset further
- Ability to take a solution-based approach to obstacles
- The ability to offer creative and innovative ideas
- Beneficial but not essential, skills in digital media skills, including content creation, editing and publishing
- Experience working in an agriculture and/or food manufacturing environment (ideal but not essential)
In this role, you will enjoy a secure, supportive and progressive working environment, where your contribution and achievements will be recognised and rewarded.
If you're ready to work in a dynamic environment alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results, please get in touch with Samantha Oswald on 01865 972130