Digital Content Producer
The International Institute for Strategic Studies (IISS) is a world-leading research organisation that provides independent, objective information on military, geopolitical and geo-economic developments that could lead to conflict.
Institute is seeking to appoint a Digital Content Producer to make a creative contribution to the IISS’ world-leading research, publications and international events. Reporting to the Design Manager, we would like the new appointee to join us during September 2021.
- Create and produce end-to-end video and audio products to promote IISS research, data and events, with an emphasis on digital and social media dissemination, including:
- full-length event videos
- editing extended event videos into highlights packages
- short videos and video clips to promote research and publications
- fast-response videos giving analysis and insight into relevant news and current events
- podcasts; and
- where appropriate, animated video content.
- Support and advise on highest quality audio and video production, including providing the technical brief to researchers and relevant stakeholders prior to and during production, and working with researchers, editors and the communications team to edit and produce effective products.
- Work with editors, writers and others to develop innovative and effective promotional material.
- Input into production schedules and plans; challenge and seek to continuously improve processes, procedures and protocols related to video and content production at the IISS; suggest and develop original audio and video products and content.
- Undergraduate/postgraduate degree or certificate (or equivalent experience) in relevant subject areas (e.g. media studies, film practice, broadcast journalism OR international relations, defence and security studies with relevant media-focused postgraduate qualification or experience).
- 2-5 years’ relevant work experience.
- Practical knowledge of handling and using video production equipment.
- Proven experience of filming and editing high quality content.
- Highly proficient in Adobe Premiere Pro or FCPX. Comfortable with After Effects, Lightroom, Photoshop, Adobe Audition, Logic Pro.
- Experience recording and editing podcasts, both remotely and in person.
- Experience filming with DSLRs, including the Canon 7D.
- Strong experience throughout the post-production process, including colour grading, audio editing, exporting in a variety of codecs.
- Credibility and diplomacy to advise staff and researchers at all levels, including leadership team.
- Understanding of appropriate audience for IISS content and working with brand guidelines.
- Flexible and ‘can-do’ attitude with an ability to think on your feet and take full responsibility for work and projects.
- Some international travel may be required on a return to normal working.
- Experience of filming and editing conferences and/or researcher and expert-led content.
- Experience of producing technical briefs for interviewees for video and audio productions and/or media training.
- Experience designing video assets with Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator.
- Experience producing videos remotely, advising members of staff and contributors on filming best practice.
- Experience filming with multiple cameras set-ups, as well as lighting and audio recording.
- Experience filming and editing green screen footage.
- Experience using Vimeo and YouTube to livestream events.
Creative and innovative approach to media production, with ability to track and implement latest thinking, technology and best-practice to complement and promote the IISS’ values and objectives.
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000 depending on experience. The IISS provides a full employment package. More information about the IISS can be found at www.iiss.org.
Please submit your application CV and Cover letter.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK. Unfortunately, we will be unable to provide visa sponsorship for this position.
Shortlisted candidates will be set a pre-interview task focused on one of our event videos and should be prepared to talk through the task at interview.
The IISS is an equal opportunities employer.