Our client is a leading Communications and PR agency focusing on corporate narrative, corporate reputation and corporate affairs. They work in a unique space where government policy/regulations and corporate reputation and brand meet. They are in a cycle of expansion and looking to hire an Account Director.
• Account directors are able to develop complex communication strategies in partnership with senior colleagues and demonstrate a strong working understanding of how to develop strategic, multidisciplinary communications campaigns. Account directors lead on executing high-quality, impactful and innovative communications programmes, based on strategic insight and drawing on the firm’s connectivity
• Build relationships with trusted relationships with clients – able to hold their own and advise senior clients with conviction in their own right.
• Ensure that work is being consistently delivered to a high standard by teams, according to an agreed scope of work; and that clients’ specific needs are being met by the team at all levels
• Build and maintain a network of contacts that help to deliver outcomes for clients and to grow the business
• Empower Consultants and Analysts to take ownership of their professional development, providing opportunities for growth and regular, consistent feedback to drive a culture of constant improvement throughout the firm
• Works with the Associate Director to oversee the day-to-day account management activity that is delivered by Consultants, ensuring that activity is delivered on schedule and to a high standard
• Exceptional written and verbal communications skills
• Manage the team and act as a conduit between the team and the Director on the account, adapting to changing priorities and external pressures; and driving cross-stakeholder campaigns from brainstorm through to execution
• Excellent working knowledge of clients’ business, sector and issues – and able to identify when and how to adapt strategy according to external developments
• In-depth working knowledge of the media landscape around key geopgraphies, and understanding of how to handle international media outlets
• Develops and mentors junior team members
• Develops strong working relationships with key sector journalists
• Strategic view of the wider digital landscape including social media platforms, content marketing, and website development
• Skilled at presenting to both small and large groups, including clients and in a pitch environment.
• Proficient with communications platforms (databases and monitoring services) such as Meltwater, Factiva, Roxhill, Precise etc.
• Good email and phone manner with journalists, demonstrating tenacity to deliver results.