Up to £36K
Great new job for an experienced Editor; you’ll be the go-to for news, views and technical expertise.
What you’ll need:
- Previous editorial experience in features or news
- Writing (and transcribing), sub editing, editing and proofing
- Multi-media journalist used to working online across platforms
- Comprehensive understanding of magazine production
You’ll be a natural communicator and networker, who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
What you’ll be doing:
- Prepare annual editorial plan/media pack and commission contributors for each issue
- Edit content and commission copy
- Use InDesign to ensure issues are laid out in a user friendly, attractive and engaging way
- Manage production editor and workload
- Monitor and maintain online news content daily, and share via social media platforms
- Ensure distribution of content through appropriate channels as agreed with marketing and communications team
- Liaise with printers to approve pages and ensure that each edition is printed to a high standard; and that each journal is mailed out via printers to members
- Proofread and edit company content (publications, email marketing etc) to ensure consistency of style and quality
- Attend and report on industry events for use in future issues
- Monitor monthly costs and work with supplier to reduce costs where possible
- Collect feedback and identify the views and needs of readership
- Liaise with sales team to incorporate advertisements sold via media pack packages
It would be useful if you have a relevant degree, such as Journalism, English (or similar), NCTJ, InDesign skills and/or PMA media training in sub-editing.
- Private Medical
- Complimentary Gym and Pool Pass
- Free parking
- Training and Development Investment.
We’d love to tell you more, so please send your CV to hello@moxieandmettle(dot)co(dot)uk
Reference: REH - 524
By applying for this role, you consent to us storing your information in our candidate database for the purpose of communicating with you regarding opportunities, roles, and career-related information.
Moxie and Mettle is a UK-based recruitment company; our clients are based in the UK too. Although many clients offer remote working as an option, there is still a need to regularly visit company offices and clients in the UK. Therefore, applications from overseas are unlikely to be successful, unless applicants already have plans to be in the UK several times a month/year to facilitate meetings with both the teams and clients.