Your new company
My client is a leading online retailer with an impressive suite of high-performing eCommerce sites currently at no.2 but targeting the no1. spot in the industry. They operate both in bricks-and-mortar and online Retail, and after the reliance on (and success of) the eCommerce function in the last financial year there is strong investment and growth potential within the team. We are partnering to recruit the senior role of eCommerce Manager to lead a team - based in Surrey with hybrid/home-working available.
Your new role
As eCommerce Manager you will be responsible for the full end-to-end eCommerce customer experience - working with Social Media, Content & SEO experts on traffic acquisition, managing on-site trading, merchandising and digital advertising (banner ads) to ensure maximum conversions (including abandon basket analysis etc.) - right through to managing repeat & loyalty programmes to encourage repeat custom (eCRM). You will work with and evolve the marketing tech stack - including 3rd party tools - to maximise opportunities across the platforms, and manage a small team responsible for the whole eCommerce journey.
- Devise strategies to drive online traffic
- Manage external agencies and monitor return on investment
- Address improvements the usability, design, content and conversion of sites
- Ensure new products are swiftly launched and appropriate launch plans are in place
- Provide weekly/monthly analytical reports on product and site performance, which in turn will influence future digital activity (SEO, Email, Site Improvements, Social Media, etc)
- With the rest of the eCommerce, team act as a brand guardian in terms of look and feel on online communications as well as tone of voice of copy
- Develop strategic plans for improvement on acquisition and retention programmes
- Oversee the planning/execution of email strategies and to use CRM to maximise online marketing opportunities
- Take responsibility for the creation, on-going management and implementation of the digital marketing calendar
What you'll need to succeed
- Demonstrable practical experience in website content management and creation
- A strong working knowledge of the overall digital marketing mix - Email, SEO, Content and Affiliates
- Ability to translate complex data into actionable profitable marketing campaigns
- Knowledge using Magento, WordPress, Google Analytics and SAP and the Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of building reports using Sql Database advantageous but not vital
- Strong attention to detail and excellent editing skills
- Strong strategic mindset with ability to build rapport with internal and external business partners
- Analytical and proactive approach to digital marketing
- Experience with A/B testing
What you'll get in return
You will receive a salary of up to £60,000 (depending on experience) and a package including 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays, BUPA healthcare and flexible rewards. This role will offer flexible hybrid working with a balance of home and in-office working at their offices in Surrey. This is an ambitious business in an exciting period for the brand with new ownership and investment that will drive them to their goals.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.