Established Central London digital and direct marketing-led agency seeks an experienced Business Director to lead a £2million portfolio of client accounts.
This role comes with a definitive path to Client Services Director.
Experience in running data and digital projects is required. This doesn’t have to be in automotive, but it could give you an advantage. Experience of working closely with or within a media agency would be beneficial too.
This Customer Acquisition & Engagement agency sits at the heart of one of the UK’s fastest-growing multi-disciplinary marcomms groups. Fifty strong, they have just moved into beautiful new offices in a buzzing part of Central London.
Working in both the B2C and B2B sectors, the agency fuses the very best in data insight, smart tech and creativity to drive commercial leaps for its clients.
The agency provides a highly supportive and stimulating environment for those who want to collaborate with other marketing specialists to create impactful and effective marketing campaigns for clients.
The Business Director role
You will report into the Managing Director and manage a team of two ADs, an AM and an Apprentice.
It’s important to note that, due to the size of the team and agency, the BD is expected to be ‘hands on’ in the role at times.
Extensive digital and direct marketing experience is essential with digital skills more important than CRM – the order of priority is data, digital, media and then CRM. B2B experience would also be advantageous but isn’t essential.
There is huge potential for the role to move into a Client Services Director position and support the Managing Director and Managing Partner in running the client services team, supporting the agency’s growth by instigating new ways of working and leading a host of new agency initiatives.
A key part of the role will be to work on a global automotive company which will involve driving forward an exciting and innovative new data and digital strategy alongside the media agency.
You will also lead the agency’s largest client, a pet pharmaceutical brand for whom the agency has just launched a first ever global CRM program, so global experience and any previous work with the US market would also be advantageous, but again is not essential.
Other clients will include a number of smaller government (B2B) clients in addition to new business and taking on new-win clients.
Given the agency’s growth ambitions, there will also be a role in leading new business opportunities, working closely with the MD.
- At least 18 months’ experience at Business Director level
- Experience managing a broad team and working directly into the management team in a senior agency position
- Leading data and digital transformation projects
- Experience working very closely with or in media agencies
- Have experience working closely with data and data strategy teams and experience working on large-scale CRM
- Well-versed in first-party data, CRM platforms and data / tech integration
- Government and B2B experience an advantage
- Experience working on new business and pitches
- Have led cross-functional agency teams to deliver large-scale projects, with excellent relationship-building and interpersonal skills
- An ability to work hand-in-glove with planners in developing communication solutions
- Strong financial management experience, working across agencies and with finance teams
£85-90k depending on experience alongside some excellent additional benefits commensurate with a Business Director role.
Working patterns in the ‘new normal’ are tbc but will most likely be three days in the office and two days from home initially.
To be considered for this role, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Whilst every effort is made to contact all candidates, due to a high number of applications we are unable to give individual feedback to those who are unsuccessful.