Marketing and Communications Officer
We are Mental Health Innovations (MHI), a digital mental health charity that develops new ways to help people have conversations about mental health.
We passionately believe that technology can help improve mental health outcomes in the UK. We combine digital innovation, data-driven analysis and the experience of clinical experts to transform lives and improve access to high-quality digital resources.
About Shout 85258
Launched in May 2019, Shout 85258 is the UK’s first free 24/7 crisis text support service. Shout 85258 has had more than 800,000 conversations with people who are anxious, stressed, depressed, suicidal or overwhelmed and need immediate support. Since the COVID-19 pandemic, the digital service has become critical and is one of the few mental health support services able to operate as normal at this time.
We are now looking for a Marketing and Communications Officer to join our team on a full-time basis and help us spread the word about our Shout 85258 support service. This role is available with an immediate start.
- Salary of £26,000 - £30,000 per annum (depending on experience)
- 25 days’ holiday plus public holidays
- Company electronic devices
- Vitality health insurance
- Competitive pension
- Excellent opportunities for training and career progression
This is a fantastic opportunity for a passionate and creative marketing professional to take the next step in their career and play a key role in helping to increase awareness of our support service, enabling us to help even more people in need.
You will have the chance to shape and develop our online voice and presence, including managing our social media platforms and nurturing relationships with influencers.
So, if you are looking for a role where you can develop and grow professionally whilst making a positive impact on our audience and the people we support, we want to hear from you.
As a Marketing & Communications Officer, you will increase Shout 85258’s profile and reach by delivering a range of high-value, influential marketing, communications and PR activities.
Reporting to the Head of Content and Media, you will help to tell Shout 85258’s story and reach the people who need us the most by delivering campaigns using a variety of channels, including digital, social media, influencers and media.
Using your creativity and digital knowledge, you will produce engaging content for our website and social channels, always keeping our audience in mind and creating safe and supportive environments.
Additionally, you will:
- Help run our Facebook Challenges and engaging our fundraising community
- Develop and run new digital fundraising initiatives
- Manage a community of stakeholders, partners and influencers
- Help to create content for press releases, case studies and marketing materials
- Empower our staff and volunteers to get involved in content marketing opportunities
To join us as a Marketing & Communications Officer, you will need:
- At least three years’ experience in a similar digital marketing role
- Experience of digital fundraising, particularly Facebook Challenges
- Demonstrable experience of influencer engagement and building long-term relationships
- Experience of using InDesign and Adobe Creative suite, including Photoshop and Premiere Pro to create graphics and video content
- Previous experience of planning and managing content calendars
- An excellent understanding of social media platforms and trends
- Experience with website CMS platforms
- Strong copywriting and content creation skills
A background working in charity comms with experience in the mental health sector would be desirable but is not essential.
Other organisations may call this role Content Executive, Marketing and Communications Executive, Communications Executive, Digital Marketing Officer, Digital Content Executive, Social Media Executive, or Communications Officer.
Please note, we will interview on a rolling basis and we reserve the right to close the advertisement early if we receive a high volume of suitable applications.
This is a full-time role working 40 hours per week.
This role is subject to a satisfactory DBS check and reference checks.
Webrecruit and Mental Health Innovations are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Marketing & Communications Officer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.