We're searching for a Head of Global Content Localisation / Content Director / Senior Manager Content Strategy for a very high-profile US consumer healthtech/wellness brand (App and web based) who's recent multi-$100m funding round positions them to localise their service across new European and Global territories and enter new markets.
The Head of Global Content Localisation / Content Director / Senior Manager Content Strategy role involves leading the global product localisation strategy for English & non-English speaking territories, across Europe and globally. You'll work with other global matrix teams and third parties to build and execute a localisation strategy across content and product as part of the global expansion effort.
This is a rare opportunity localise a high-profile consumer wellness service with a proven product market fit and significant funding into new global markets. You'll be very hands on initially, building a high performing team over time.
The Head of Global Content Localisation / Content Director / Senior Manager Content Strategy will:
- Build the international localisation strategy, considering the short-term and long-term scaling aspects.
- Work with the content and product teams to develop a vision for how localisation should evolve.
- Identify key metrics to measure localisation success and impact.
- Identify localisation requirements across content, app experience, units of measurement, etc.
- Establish how experts in language and culture can integrate with broader content team.
- Lead optimisation of the current localisation processes to meet our needs for a wide array of content types (eg product, marketing assets, support content, web copy, etc).
- Develop the principles and style guides around content internationalization.
- Define the metrics to measure localised content quality and efficacy.
- Hire or contract with necessary talent to support international English, Spanish, and German, etc.
- Build an organisation strategy for localisation (freelancers, agencies, or FTE). Design the org structure which can scale to support 10+ languages across dozens of locales.
- Define criteria for identifying and assessing foreign localisation talent, and work with the content team to extend to production talent.
- Cultivate a team culture of high agency, execution, and customer focus.
- Build and drive partnerships with internal and external stakeholders (Creative, Engineering, Marketing, Product, Customer Success, external).
- Educate internal teams on the localisation process to increase efficacy.
- Identify efficiencies to help teams scale faster and efficiently in expansion efforts.
- Work with product teams to define business requirements for localisation tooling and products / identify potential 3rd party vendors for tools necessary to support international content.
Candidates for the Head of Global Content Localisation / Content Director / Senior Manager Content Strategy role must have:
- Strong consumer content localisation leadership experience across English and non-English speaking territories.
- Experience across web and mobile/App content.
- Experience in a content rich consumer environment, such as healthtech, wellness, Fintech, Edtech, eCommerce, Travel, Media, Food Delivery, Fulfillment, Social Media, Classifieds, Price Comparison, Proptech, etc.
- Ideally experience with a scaling consumer tech brand / Scale Up / Start Up.
- Comfort being hands-on and detail focussed, particularly in the early stages.
- Strong experience building and leading high performing content/localisation teams.
- A strong data focus and comfort generating insight, measuring performance and solving problems using data.
- First class communication and influencing skills to manage internal and external relationships.
Intelligent People is an Executive Search Consultancy, specialising in Marketing, Product and Commercial leadership.