UK Country Manager / UK General Manager / Vice President UK
We're searching for a UK Country Manager / UK General Manager / Vice President UK for a very high-profile US consumer healthtech/wellness brand (App and web based) who's recent multi-$100m funding round positions them to localise their service across new European and Global territories and enter new markets.
The UK Country Manager / UK General Manager / Vice President UK role involves leading the UK growth strategy formation and execution, across all commercial levers. Over time you'll build a UK team to localise all services, create partnerships, and drive all marketing activities to acquire, delight and retain UK customers.
This is a rare opportunity to take a high-profile consumer wellness service with a proven product market fit and significant funding into the UK market. You'll be very hands on initially, building a high performing team over time.
The UK Country Manager / UK General Manager / Vice President UK will:
- Be the point person and commercial lead for the UK market, leading the growth effort and engaging with US HQ teams and leadership.
- Conduct UK market research to understand consumers and competitor.
- Develop the UK growth strategy to positioning the service in the UK market.
- Create a prioritised roadmap of actions which tie back to clear impacts on top and bottom line for the UK.
- Own the local product experience across localised product features, creating a roadmap of product feature roll-outs, development and initiatives for UK users.
- Work with US teams to identify and craft UK service features, monitoring the quality of customer service, analysing research and driving Marketing with the Director of UK Marketing.
- Develop a standard format to provide feedback to HQ teams on where gaps exist on the local customer experience.
- Ensure compliance with UK legislation and regulatory requirements.
- Build a team to enable partnerships and activations which can drive organic growth for the business.
- Be the in-market figure head, handling PR and government relations in conjunction with comms teams, legal teams and agencies.
Candidates for the UK Country Manager / UK General Manager / Vice President UK role must have:
- Previous experience in a commercial leadership role (eg Chief Growth Officer, Chief Commercial Officer, Country Manager, GM, VP UK, etc) for a consumer facing digital service (App, Web or ideally both) from any consumer sector such as healthtech, wellness, Fintech, Edtech, eCommerce, Travel, Media, Food Delivery, Fulfillment, Social Media, Classifieds, Price Comparison, Proptech, etc.
- Ideally experience with a scaling consumer tech brand / Scale Up / Start Up experience.
- Leadership experience across product management, marketing, partnerships and all commercial growth levers.
- Comfort being hands-on and detail focussed, particularly in the early stages.
- Strong experience building and leading high performing teams, across marketing, product, partnerships, etc.
- A very strong data focus and comfort generating insight, measuring performance and solving problems using data.
- First class communication and influencing skills to manage internal and external relationships, engage and pitch to partners and for PR/Press communications.
Intelligent People is an Executive Search Consultancy, specialising in Marketing, Product and Commercial leadership.