Day rate: £300 - £350
Start date: ASAP
Organisation: Central Government
Contract length: 6 months
Full time: Monday to Friday
Your new role
For this role you will manage a high profile media relations team in a large government institution. You will use a variety of creative approaches to develop and deliver a strategy to ensure that the media are aware of the work of the organisation, its key values and past achievements. The post-holder will provide leadership, expert advice and support for colleagues to deliver high quality content for the media. You will ensure that the organisations interactions with the media help to protect and enhance the reputation of the institution, and help to ensure that journalists regard the organisation as a competent and trustworthy source of information relating to the work that it carries out. The post-holder will be expected to work with senior executives, teams across the organisation and also develop and implement the organisations social media strategy.
What you'll need to succeed
- Experience working in a busy media team in a public sector organisation
- Proven ability to lead the development and implementation of a successful multimedia strategy
- A well-developed news sense; the ability to identify potential stories from a variety of sources
- Experience of developing the media and social media skills of academic professionals, including training as appropriate
- Experience of championing the importance of effective media relations and social media within a high-profile organisation
- A strong track record in creating, generating and managing engaging content across a range of digital channels and media
- Strong understanding of engagement and brand protection and enhancement
- A successful record in growing online communities in size and engagement
- Experience of working with stakeholders to translate a broad range of aims and objectives into an effective, measurable programme.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or contact me on the details below. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking to a new position, feel free to contact me for a confidential discussion on your career.