Organisation: London Borough
Day rate: £180- £220
Contract length: 6 months
Full time: Monday to Friday
Your new role
For this role you will support staff engagement and involvement with the councils vision and strategy through the delivery of engaging, compelling and informative internal communications activities.
You will support the delivery of various internal communications, design/visual identity and staff recognition projects and programmes as required, promoting the councils values and behaviours, seeking to continually embed them across the organisation.
This role is responsible for a range of internal communications deliverables including drafting articles and internal news releases, management and maintenance of internal communications templates and tools and contributing to and deploying bulletins.
What you'll need to succeed
- Experience of working in a communications role within the public sector.
- Demonstrable and up-to-date experience of working in a fast paced, internal communications function
- Experience of handling complex, sensitive or challenging subject matters and proposing communications plans and strategies to achieve agreed outcomes
- Understanding of media, PR / campaigns, digital design media, staff recognition programmes and the close alignment with internal communications
- Experience of developing video and online content and deployment across various channels to support effective communications activities.
- Experience of working with senior organisational leaders and providing communications advice.
- Strong written skills, with the ability to work with and develop relationships with various stakeholders to deliver engaging communications for a range of audiences.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or contact me on the details below. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking to a new position, feel free to contact me for a confidential discussion on your career.