Your new company
Your new company is a leading International global marketing and media services network with billings over £20 billion worldwide. The network consists of 116 offices in 67 countries throughout the USA, South America, Europe, Asia and the Middle East. Every office around the world is dedicated to establishing competitive marketing advantage for businesses and their brands with a tremendous budget to work alongside Unilever.
Your new role
As a Business Director you will be responsible for managing and developing Marketing Science relationships with senior clients (both internal and external).
You will be expected to become a trusted advisor to them and will help solve their marketing challenges by diagnosing problems and designing and executing analytical solutions. You will lead the delivery of analytics and marketing effectiveness projects for clients by supervising teams of analysts - providing business insight, technical leadership, and quality assurance.
In addition to project work, you will also support agency strategists and media planners by providing analytical decision support on day-to-day media planning and optimisation for clients. You will also be responsible for ensuring that insights generated on analytics projects are evangelised and embedded into decision-making.
While you will report into a Client Director, on day-to-day project work, you will be expected to work independently with minimal oversight.
You will also play a key role in new product development. It is important to us to constantly push the boundaries on the use of analytics in marketing. You will use your data science expertise both to improve our core offering in marketing effectiveness (econometrics / MMM) as well as to create new analytical products that we take to market.
Finally, you will also provide line-management to junior analysts, with responsibility for their development and well-being. You will also contribute to the running of the team, taking an active part in key initiatives on issues like process improvement, resource management, team well-being and revenue generation.
What you'll need to succeed
- Numerate / analytical degree such as statistics, econometrics, mathematics, sciences, or economics.
- 8 to 10 years' experience using analytical methods within an agency / consultancy or marketing analytics team
- Ability to build and grow strong relationships with senior internal and client-side stakeholders to become their trusted adviser
- Strong problem solver with the ability to understand a client's marketing and business challenges and provide analytics led consultancy
- Ability to diagnose marketing challenges, design analytics led solutions and write proposals to pitch them to senior client stakeholders
- Understanding of marketing / advertising and the ability to communicate recommendations in this arena to clients
- Strong presentation skills - both verbal and written. Proficient in communicating complex data led insights in a simple way
- A/B testing and multivariate testing
- Coding fluency in R for use in data and analytical work is essential
What you'll get in return
- Competitive Salary + Attractive Benefits
- Flexible working options available.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.