Business Development Manager
Our client is a retail technology solution provider. They are looking for someone amazing to join the team as Business Development Manager to support and drive the business.
The role of Business Development Manager is to work alongside the Directors and the marketing/communications consultants to focus on new business leads. The process will begin with compelling and thorough research of potential new clients or sectors. Then it will move on to having initial conversations with those clients by phone, email, social media and beginning to build relationships. As the relationships progress and grow, the Directors will join the conversations and continue to develop the sales process.
The successful Business Development Manager will be brought into the team, given the opportunity to learn about how they business works, what they do and have exposure to all parts of the business building strong relationships internally. This will allow the Business Development Manager to develop the knowledge and passion they need to go and “sing from the rooftops”. Our client is looking for long term relationships, really getting to know their customers from the outset. This role will be key to growing and developing potential new clients.
The scope of the Business Development role is nationwide and as such the successful candidate can be based from home with travel to the office and clients as and when required.
- Learn all aspects of the business
- Build strong internal relationships
- Researching potential clients collating in depth information
- Actively research growth industries and sectors
- Record all opportunities accurately
- Keeping the directors up to date with progress on a regular basis
- Building relationships and rapport with potential clients by phone, email, social media
- Develop those relationships and bring the Directors in to conversation as things progress
- Continuing to build information on the company and their potential needs
- Supporting and working alongside the Directors once the more formal sales process is initiated.
Research tools to include LinkedIn, internet, social media and other resources.
From time to time you may be required to carry out other tasks.
- Positive outlook, motivated, driven and results orientated.
- Passionate and enthusiastic
- Track record of building and developing relationships
- Strong research skills
- Strong tech skills
- Experience of working as part of a team in a sales/business development environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Confident and outgoing personality.
Apply for Business Development Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly