The Jockey Club’s Racecourses are among the most iconic venues in UK sport. We play host to hundreds of thousands of racing fans every year at some of horseracing’s most prestigious events – The Cazoo Derby at Epsom Downs, the Guineas at Newmarket, the Coral Eclipse at Sandown and the Betfair Chase at Haydock Park. We crown champions at the Randox Grand National at Aintree Racecourse and The Festival at Cheltenham and we wow audiences with our fantastic events and music nights, where the likes of Little Mix, Olly Murs and Tom Jones have entertained the crowds.
This is an exciting time to join The Jockey Club which is expanding its in-house digital capabilities to support our growth ambitions and a range of projects and initiatives.
We are currently looking for a SEO Manager to join our growing Digital team. Reporting to the Digital Product Owner, this role will be accountable for protecting and growing our organic search traffic levels across all our websites as well as our search visibility and keyword rankings
Key responsibilities include:
- Shaping and implementing and clear, long-term SEO strategy that combines on-page, off-page and technical SEO to ensure we’re ahead of the game when it comes to future search engine algorithms
- Identifying SEO opportunities to feed back into business and product strategy whilst monitoring competitors to understand the sector and benchmark our performance
- Using appropriate tools to continuously monitor, report and optimise SEO performance against key metrics and running SEO audits
- Taking an innovative approach to SEO, sharing prior knowledge, experience, new approaches and enthusiasm to be able to influence the wider business
We are looking for applications from candidates who can demonstrate the following:
- A detailed understanding of the latest SEO techniques both from a technical, content and outreach perspective to plan, execute and monitor activity
- A good knowledge of technical SEO platforms, crawling tools, webmaster tools, content management systems, digital analytics, and all aspects of modern digital architecture
- Strong experience and proven success in managing SEO campaigns and setting SEO strategy
- Prior experience as an SEO Manager, SEM manager or similar, operating an in-house model (not outsourced to an agency)
- Experience with industry standard tools including; Ahrefs, Moz, Screaming Frog, SEMRush, Google Analytics & Google Search console
- Performance driven and able to clearly demonstrate revenue increases through increased organic search traffic
- Strong communication and presentation skills with the ability to simplify complex problems to influence stakeholders
- Good organisational skills with the ability to juggle workloads to match changing priorities
- Team-oriented, collaborative and willingness to roll up sleeves and get stuck in
Travel within The Group will be required so it is essential that the successful candidate holds a full driving licence and has access to a vehicle. This role will also involve working evenings and weekends to support racing, where necessary.
Closing date: 6th August 2021. We reserve the right to bring forward the closing date if we receive a large number of suitable applications.
At The Jockey Club people are at the heart of what we do and drive our success. We are inclusive and actively seek to attract people with unique backgrounds and perspectives. Diverse, collaborative teams are pivotal to our success and support the potential and growth of all our people.