The Jockey Club’s Racecourses are among the most iconic venues in UK sport. We play host to hundreds of thousands of racing fans every year at some of horseracing’s most prestigious events – The Cazoo Derby at Epsom Downs, the Guineas at Newmarket, the Coral Eclipse at Sandown and the Betfair Chase at Haydock Park. We crown champions at the Randox Grand National at Aintree Racecourse and The Festival at Cheltenham and we wow audiences with our fantastic events and music nights, where the likes of Little Mix, Olly Murs and Tom Jones have entertained the crowds.
This is an exciting time to join The Jockey Club which is expanding its in-house digital capabilities to support our growth ambitions and a range of projects and initiatives.
We are currently looking for a CRO Manager to join our growing digital team. This is a new and exciting role, responsible for growing our online turnover, whilst being focussed on designing, testing and optimising digital user journeys and personalisation.
Key responsibilities include:
- Define and implement a clear and robust CRO strategy looking at both short term and longer term that covers both testing & personalisation
- Carrying out quantitative and qualitative research on customer to understand conversion data using surveys, polls, heat maps and recordings
- Adopt a ‘data first’ approach to understand, analyse, report and act on the data available using Google Analytics and other CRO-related platforms
- Understand the digital customer journey and continuously look to optimise and improve
- Building, designing and implementing A/B and MVT tests and sharing learnings with the wider team and business
We are looking for applications from candidates who can demonstrate the following:
- A deep understanding of conversion/persuasion best practices
- A strong understanding of consumers and how to influence consumer behaviours
- A highly data-driven individual with a user-first approach to solving commercial challenges
- Familiarity with conversion optimisation testing tools such as; LiveBall, Optimizely, SiteSpect, Test & Target & Unbounce
- Proven experience in analytics, website management and the end-to-end conversion rate optimisation process
- Strong abilities within Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager
- Highly numerate, analytical and commercial astute
- Strong communication and presentation skills with the ability to simplify complex problems to influence stakeholders
- Solid organisational skills, attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple initiatives and priorities with competing timelines
An understanding of horseracing would be advantageous but is not essential.
Travel within The Group will be required so it is essential that the successful candidate holds a full driving licence and has access to a vehicle. This role will also involve working evenings and weekends to support racing, where necessary.
Closing date: 6th August 2021. We reserve the right to bring forward the closing date if we receive a large number of suitable applications.
At The Jockey Club people are at the heart of what we do and drive our success. We are inclusive and actively seek to attract people with unique backgrounds and perspectives. Diverse, collaborative teams are pivotal to our success and support the potential and growth of all our people.