Your new company
A large, national organisation who deliver planned and responsive works across both the private and public sectors such as housing, education, senior living and commercial. They specialise in a number of areas ranging from property maintenance, through to painting and decorating, and fire protection and compliance.
Priding themselves on their customer relationships, outstanding service and professionalism, they are looking for an experienced Bid Writer to join their existing team and assist in driving business growth.
Your new role
To prepare the qualitative aspects of bids with the aim of winning new business, identifying the client's key requirements offering proposals that match their expectations.
- Summarise key elements and requirements of each bid
- Assess customer's requirements and drivers for success
- Prepare bid plan incorporating procurement process activities
- Review and monitor bid progress and resolve issues and problems amongst the bidding team to meet client's expectations
- Prepare qualitative aspects of bid
- Contribute to production of best practice bid materials and documentation for use on future proposals
- Support bidding team in preparing and delivering interviews, office and site visits
- Co-ordinate role of consultants and specialists selected to contribute to bid process
- Provide support to operational teams to enhance our ability to deliver a contract's requirements
What you'll need to succeed
- Degree, professional qualification or equivalent
- Diagnosing key client requirements. Business analysis
- B2B experience in a managerial role. Planning and organising, managing resources, providing a service and information, problem solving, managing and developing people
- Highly numerate and literate.
- Able to use MS Office Applications.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Is a proactive, flexible, team player
- Demonstrates an ownership attitude
- A creative thinker with an eye for detail
- Prioritises own and others' work in a high pressured environment, working to tight deadlines
- Prior Experience producing creative copy, written materials, reports and presentations for clients
- Ability to builds relationships at all levels of an organisation
Previous experience in the industry, or experience with the public sector bid process would be an advantage.
The role is based in Bristol, but there is the option to work from home where business dictates, so applications from the wider region will be welcome.
This role offers a good salary, a company car and the opportunity to work for a thriving business!
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Rebecca on 01173746336.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Bid Writer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly