Programme Director, Central London / Remote - £80-100k DOE plus benefits
This digital and brand agency are big players in the industry and still independent. They’re looking for a Programme Director to join their award-winning team that has a passion for meaningful delivery.
This Programme Director will be responsible for overseeing a large portfolio of accounts and related programmes and projects (£4M+), working in partnership with their Client Services peer, the Managing Partner. Together you will lead a profitable portfolio by working in collaboration with your teams and clients, delivering high-quality valuable work that has impact and makes a difference to the agency’s clients and their customers. As Delivery lead of their portfolio, you will contribute to setting the right delivery team structure, managing and coaching them, enabling their effectiveness and career progression, and ensuring their work is in line with the expected delivery standards.
This Programme Director will have extensive tech and agile experience to work effectively with the Head of Delivery, Managing Partner and cross-disciplinary heads to lead the optimisation, re-invigoration and, when necessary, introduction of best-practice delivery frameworks and methodologies in your portfolio. This Programme Director will enable their adoption across the rest of the agency, setting the standards that everyone will follow.
This Programme Director will have experience that is applicable to a broad range of creative and technical projects and programmes of work. You are experienced in managing agile projects while acknowledging and handling the intricacies of scope with commercial effectiveness. You plan ahead and spot risk from the distance, setting mitigation plans and mapping scenarios to prevent it and lower any impact.
Responsibilities of this Programme Director:
- Project/programme delivery and commercial accountability
- Ensure all projects within the portfolio are effectively and efficiently managed from start to finish, maximising on-time and on-budget as well as creating the conditions for 'right first time'
- Establish tech/digital delivery best-practices
- Ensure that the most suitable processes are used on each project/programme
- Co-lead with the Head of Delivery on the development, consolidation and implementation across the business of first-class digital experience/technical delivery processes
- Validate all plans and sign-off of all digital Statements of Work, proposals and budgets for specified portfolios
- Ensure that relationships with third-party delivery partners are set up and managed to ensure commercial success
- Establish business wide training and familiarisation programmes for process deployment and improvement
- Ensure that senior management receives full status reports on all relevant programmes, with all issues and opportunities clearly explained
- Work with clients in the spirit of collaboration and transparency at every stage of the engagement
- Work with Client Services and clients directly so that clients understand the benefits of our working practices
- Be the confident and knowledgeable face of the agency’s delivery function with clients and at pitches
Qualifications and experience this Programme Director will have:
Demonstrated, practical and proven experience:
- In a senior digital delivery role ideally from a large agency network, management consultant or software solutions provider (SI)
- Of the most up-to-date processes and Agile methodologies. i.e. be practitioner of both Waterfall and Agile ways of working
- As an expert level agile practitioner on large and small solutions
- PRINCE2 qualification and SCRUM Master desirable
- A working knowledge of project tracking tools such as JIRA
- Project management skills using a variety of processes and project controls
- Programme management/PMO experience
- Negotiating ways of working and governance practices with senior client stakeholders
- Excellent organisational skills
- Strong people-facing and relationship management skills
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to work independently as well as co-operatively with others
- Ability to handle pressure and meet tight deadlines
- A flexible approach
- Commitment to delivering work to the highest of standards
Key Attributes of this Programme Director:
This role requires you to be:
- A force to be reckoned with that is firm, fair and approachable
- Profit focused
- A pragmatist
- An unerring eye for detail
- Proactive, enthusiastic and energetic
- A sense of urgency
- A sense of humour
- Open and honest
- Able to juggle conflicting demands without flapping
- A leader, by example and through challenging, coaching and creating confidence
- Sees solutions rather than problems
- Fostering a collaborative working style in the agency
- Always 3 steps ahead…
Are you the ambitious, tech-focussed Programme Director this fantastic agency need right now? If so, please get in touch quoting job reference SS619g.
Please also visit www.air-recruitment.com.