Strategic Communications Manager
£45,000 + Bonus + Benefits
Oxford - remote or hybrid working options available
A leading public sector organisation based in Oxford
Due to an increase in activity, my client is actively looking for a Strategic Communications Manager to join their growing team. This role will be responsible for leading the approach to planning communications and engagement activity. This role will also oversee activity across media, digital, content, events, stakeholder engagement as part of a strategic and integrated approach.
- Develop and lead the Communications and Engagement plan to ensure senior management and engagement teams are sighted on upcoming communications and engagement activities.
- Work with the communications senior management team to align campaigns, media, digital, and stakeholder communications and engagement activities and ensure efficient delivery.
- Support the Head of Communications to effectively manage directorate wide policies and resources, including the communications budget.
- Lead on the development of consistent approach to monitoring, target-setting and evaluation across the directorate.
- Responsible for regular (monthly and quarterly) corporate reporting for the communications directorate.
- Develop a long-term approach to continually refine and enhance the core narrative, key messages and positioning.
- Provide messaging guidance and advice for colleagues at all levels.
- Commission new corporate research to support the company mission and help ensure that insight is used in an agile way to inform future delivery.
- Experience of strategic communications and communications planning
- Experience of communications monitoring, evaluation and reporting
- Knowledge of operating models and processes that support communications within large organisations
- Project Management experience with demonstrable understanding of work package management including budgeting and forecasting, scheduling, and managing risk
- Experience of managing communications campaigns, utilising a range of media and digital channels, as part of an integrated communications strategy.
- Strategic expertise and vision, able to present ideas and manage business objectives
- Proven experience of working with contentious topics or audiences. Some understanding of the workings of UK Government and the wider political system and sensitivities in the UK would be desirable
- Good understanding of the media landscape, digital and non-digital.
- Proven ability to develop and maintain relationships with people from a wide range of backgrounds reflecting appropriate diversity, equality and inclusion.
- Open, flexible and considerate of wider views while demonstrating ability to build consensus and manage disagreement.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing team. This role would best suit a Senior Communications Manager, Strategic Communications Manager or Corporate Communications Manager.
If you have the above skill set and are considering a move, please contact Samantha Oswald on 01865 972130