Day Rate: £280 - £300
Start date: ASAP
Organisation: Local Government
Contract length: 3 months rolling
Your new role
The Engagement Consultant will lead on stakeholder communications and engagement for all priority sites and projects for the Major Projects Team within the council. Initially prioritising the Accommodation Strategy and Civic Centre Refurbishment projects.
They will be responsible for ensuring the developments, achievements and successes of each project are communicated effectively to all stakeholders including residents, Members, internal colleagues and external partner organisations. They will set up, engage and assist with presentation of projects to a wide audience of stakeholders on major projects of public interest within the borough.
They will ensure that all stakeholders and interested parties receive consistent information at the same time and have a common understanding of the current status of the project and of the overall context, including national policies and strategies and the councils vision.
What you'll need to succeed
- Previously worked in the public sector in an engagement role.
- Experience working on large engagement projects involving a number of internal and external stakeholders
- Knowledge of methods of communicating both to Members, staff, wider stakeholders including the public and the media, including on-line information systems.
- A background of building effective relationships with colleagues both internally and externally and providing professional communications advice to a range of people at all levels including local, national and specialist media.
- Understanding and commitment to equality of opportunity and diversity issues and able to implement these in the delivery of projects.
- Ability to accurately summarise and convey complex information to a diverse audience
- Self-starter with proactive attitude
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or contact me on the details below. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking to a new position, feel free to contact me for a confidential discussion on your career.