This platform is a venture-backed tech startup, changing the lives of students for the better and growing fast. Their app lets students become a better version of themselves, by allowing them to work smart, not hard. Echoist is an educational notetaker, allowing individuals to capture anything they deem important, through desktop and mobile applications, perfect for both online learning and in-person. They have over 5,000 users and are growing fast since launching earlier this year.
The way we study has changed, forever. Echoist helps you clip the essential, build your playlists, recall the forgotten and get back to that one key moment that makes revision a breeze - with transcribed audio, segmented clips, any screen content from presentations or slides and additional notes. If you can hear it or see it, you can grab the Echo.
They are now looking for a marketing executive to join the team. You will play a key role in increasing awareness and building the brand. You will work across their small and ambitious team during a period of exciting growth.
There are 2 main areas of focus for this role:
1. Social & Community Engagement
Working with the Social Media Manager to:
- Help run events (in partnership with our Marketing agency)
- Create content for the social media channels
- Produce posts and content within brand guidelines
- Manage partnership opportunities with brands
- Journalist outreach to get press coverage
- Write, design and create email marketing campaigns
- Write, design and create content for online advertising campaigns
- Proactively look for opportunities to grow brand awareness
2. University-specific targeting
Working with the Chief Revenue Officer to:
- Create campaigns that support the adoption of Universities
- Constant monitoring of buyer personas to assist the sales targeting strategy
- Constantly seek new opportunities in targeting Universities and specific buyers
- Enhance the messaging to Universities by creating long-form materials
- Pulling specific reports when required and supporting team members analysing qualitative and quantitative data to drive our strategy
- A self-starter who is excited to work in a high-growth startup environment
- Someone who is excited to learn and grow in a new role
- A love for design and graphical perfection
- Enjoys writing long-form copy
- Comfortable with data - very happy to spend hours in Excel
- Tech-savvy - you have the ability to create and distribute your content smartly online using tools like Mailchimp, Hootsuite, HubSpot etc..
- High level of attention to detail
- A stickler for good design ideally with experience using Photoshop
- Happy to work at a start-up where everyone is ready to roll up their sleeves and get involved