Interim Events Officer - Glasgow - Public Sector - £28-£32k
Your new company
You will be working with an established public sector organisation in Glasgow as their new Events Officer, initially taking place on a 6 month contract.
Your new role
As an events professional with several years of project management experience, you will support the Events Team in the delivery of the organisations busy annual portfolio of events. Working with a range of internal and external partners, you will manage events from inception to delivery, and will also provide post-event evaluation. You will be highly organised with strong attention to detail, able to balance competing deadlines in a dynamic and demanding environment and will also be familiar with best practice events coordination.
What you'll need to succeed
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including tact, diplomacy and discretion;
- Proven analytical skills including the ability to review and digest complex information, to summarise conclusions and provide recommendations for consideration by senior management;
- Excellent organisational, planning and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to exercise initiative, working independently to progress projects and propose innovative solutions, referring to senior management as required;
- Highly developed eye for detail and accuracy;
- Demonstrated ability to set priorities and work with diplomacy and efficiency in a highly pressured environment;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to act positively with staff, and a wide range of external contacts at all levels;
- Ability to plan and organise complex projects and events
What you'll get in return
Flexible working options available. You will be offered a 6 month contract paying between £28-£32k, via hourly rate weekly via Hays timesheets app.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.