Interim Head of Corporate Communications
Interim Head of Corporate Communications, 3-6 month contract, £270-£315, remote working
Your new company
You will be working with an established public sector client, located in Edinburgh. This organisation is looking for an interim head of communications to lead the communications function, manage the organisations busy communications team and support the team transition into their new Marketing and Engagement directorate over the next few months. The team will consist of approximately 21 people 4 of which would be direct reports The role will likely be remote for some months still to come, and even when they reopen the offices they will still offer the opportunity of remote working and working flexibly.
What you will be doing
- Lead the implementation of the communications strategy which manages, promotes and protects our reputation, raises awareness of the work of the organisation, and directly supports their commercial activity.
- Provide expertise and leadership on all external communications and advise the SMT on professional communications and media relations.
- Manage and maintain the organisations digital estate including websites, apps and social media and maximise the impact of our digital channels
- Oversee audience and user insights and research to evaluate impact and inform future strategies and plans
- Lead on brand visibility and advise on content, production, design and compliance with corporate identity guidelines
- Strategic guidance on our image management, library and all filming and photography work across the organisation including external partners from the sector, media and international organisations
- Work with the future Director of Marketing and Engagement to support the transition of teams during the organisational reshaping project
- Oversee corporate publishing across the organisation
- Leadership of the Communications Team including the sub-teams, and management of its budget to achieve maximum functional output from the directorate
What they are looking for
- Experience of delivering a communications strategy
- Experience of media handling and analysis, crisis communications, reputation management and corporate PR.
- Experience of user research and audience segmentation as well as trends and analysis within the marcomms mix
- Excellent understanding of Digital Communications including statistical analysis and trends.
- Understanding of policy and political issues of the day from Planning and Communities, to Copyright and licensing, Freedom of Information
- Experience of leading and managing teams
What you'll get in return
Flexible working options available. This role will give you the opportunity to add value with your existing skills to a key public sector organisation and work on a key programme of work. This role is paying £270-£315 per day on an initial 3-6 month contract.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.