Buyer, Maidenhead -
The Company – Buyer
A leading, international distribution business who supply products for retail, hospitality and foodservice. Their commitment to exceptional levels of service to their clients has given them the stellar reputation they have today.
Not content with being a market leader, they are always pushing to be even better and to exceed expectations.
Chances are, you will have tried some of their products before, as they supply some of the biggest names nationwide!
The Role – Buyer
Working closely with the Category and Insights teams, you would be responsible for driving long-term profits within specific categories and managing successful relationships with suppliers to ensure the business is providing their customers with the very best products.
As Buyer, you would be responsible for:
- Negotiating with suppliers to ensure best value on products for the business and its customers and managing negotiations in line with budgetary targets
- Maintaining excellent relationships with all suppliers across the business and building strong partnerships
- Proactively developing range opportunities and NPD in line with category strategies, to ensure the business maintains their market leading profile
- Managing budgets and ensuring each category delivers against P&L targets
- Regularly assessing the performance of each range within the category and implementing changes to drive profits
You – Buyer
We’re looking for candidates with proven experience in a buying role within an FMCG, foodservice or wholesale business, ideally with experience working large corporate brands.
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Strong commercial acumen and be confident managing supplier costs and overall budgets
- Exceptional influencing and negotiating skills
- FMCG/food category knowledge
- Excellent relationship building and stakeholder management skills
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an award-winning organisation who are known for offering generous perks to its employees and have an unwavering commitment to personal and professional development, offering training and mentorship to all staff, across the board.
If you’d like to know more, apply now!
Based not far from Maidenhead, this role would be easily commutable for those based in Windsor, Ascot, Wokingham, Slough, Bracknell, Chertsey, Woking, Camberley, Winnersh, Reading, Basingstoke, Farnborough, Guildford, Aldershot, Bagshot, Frimley, Fleet, Maidenhead and Henley on Thames.
For registration purposes please could you let us know where you are currently based or which locations you are considering as well as your required salary and notice period.
Please upload a Microsoft Word version of your CV where possible, excluding textboxes or images, as this can affect the consultant's job matching process and therefore your details may not be picked up for a role.
Search Brand Recruitment on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn to hear about all of our latest jobs.
Brand Recruitment offers the services of an employment agency for permanent work. Visit Brand Recruitment online http://www.brandrecruitment.co.uk/ to apply for other key marketing jobs in the Central and Eastern region.