Geographic/ GIS Data Engineer – London – £30K - £35K + bens
Who will I work for? A high-profile global Data, Technology and Marketing solutions company. The role incorporates a hybrid of Office & Home working.
What’s the Opportunity? Not just your average Geo Data Engineer role! this one is for the innovators, the Data Engineers who like to add value with new ideas as well as follow existing processes – you will certainly have your chance to shine here! This is a varied role, a mix of client facing and data work. Day to day you’ll be working on the creation of data projects and working with your clients to optimise and provide support. Geo Data Projects will include creating and maintaining a data product portfolio for logistics and geographical applications, supporting and training clients and writing content to help improve processes, maintaining geospatial databases, streamlining ETL tasks through automation and many other key duties.
Sitting within a friendly and collaborative team with plenty of peer and management support, you’ll be constantly stimulated and engaged in fast moving and exciting developments that make up daily life in this market leading company.
Day to day you’ll be exposed to and also potentially suggest new ideas and ways of working, ensuring you’re always learning and staying fresh and challenged. Timing is everything as you will be joining this professional, highly skilled and motivated data team at an exciting stage, as they continue to enjoy a wealth of business even in these challenging times!
This is actively an environment of team efforts and working together -personal development is positively encouraged here too!
What skills will I need to bring?
- GIS & ETL skills (e.g ESRI, FME, MapInfo, Alteryx, QGIS)
- Some SQL scripting experience
- Some programming experience, e.g Python or Java
- Database experience e.g SQL Server / Postgres SQL
- Experience working with spatial and non-spatial data
- Ideally a degree in Geography, Maths, Data Science, Geospatial or similar
- Able to translate technical information to non-technical people, useful also to have experience working with international clients/partners
- Useful to have web app interface skills like Geoserver, ESRI ArcGIS Online
- Good numeracy skills
- Curious and happy to share ideas!
- Great attention to detail, you enjoy the process and have a genuine pride in getting it right!
- Strong communication skills – both your team and clients will want to feel you’re a safe pair of hands and that you care about their business.
What’s it in for me? This is a very hands-on and varied role with plenty to keep you busy, You’ll be joining one of the brightest and best Geographical Data teams in London! Lots of potential for personal growth and development too!
£30K - £35K+ with a generous range of benefits & discretionary bonus
Sounds great how do I apply? Either apply online below or Email your CV now! apply@NewPageRecruitment.com We’ll be right back with you to discuss next steps (and if you’re not quite right we’ll see what else we have for you