Data Engineer (senior role in Data & Technology)
Data Engineer (senior role) – London – £50k - £55K+ with generous benefits & discretionary bonus
Who will I work for? A high-profile global Data, Technology and Marketing solutions company. The role incorporates a hybrid of Office & Home working.
What’s the Opportunity? As a Data Engineer in charge of new and existing Data Assets, this Senior position is based within a friendly and collaborative Data team. The role incorporates both data processing and data management, additionally driving and leading the migration of data processes to a new Data Warehouse (the design of which you will also be highly instrumental in)
This (Senior) Data Engineer position offers a varied and exciting mix of high-level strategy, hands on implementation and driving new data processes and efficiencies to make sure this team, this company and these services remain best in class and globally relevant.
You will be supported by a strong team who you can assign to your requirements, and you’ll be working alongside technical peers and leaders who value and welcome any innovation and improvements you can bring to the table. This is a team and a company who welcome new ideas and credit a job well done.
The opportunity of Data Engineer offers a rare challenge for someone looking to make that next step up into an ‘ownership’ role. It’s the chance to get fully embedded in transforming the way data is processed, stored and delivered within a forward-thinking employer who have data at the heart of everything they do. As the company moves to a Postgres data environment, your unique talents will really have the chance to shine as you lead the data migration and then take up the challenge to ‘own’ this new Data Asset and drive it forward, ensuring it is maintained and delivering as expected.
Your clients will be internal teams who put the data this unit delivers at the heart of business decisions for some amazing leading brands. Day to day you will be exposed to new ideas and ways of working, ensuring you are always learning and staying fresh and challenged.
You will be joining this professional, highly skilled and motivated Data team at an exciting stage, as they continue to enjoy a wealth of business even in these challenging times. Even whilst working remotely, this is actively an environment of team efforts and working together - personal development is positively encouraged here too!
What skills will I need to bring?
- Strong experience using Python.
- Working experience with databases and a solid understanding of data transformation and manipulation techniques e.g. joins, aggregation, filtering and pivoting.
- Sound understanding of core programming concepts like variables, conditions and loops.
- Ideally some knowledge of Geographical Information Systems (GIS) and working with spatial data (you may have experience in PostGIS, QGIS, FME or Alteryx for example).
- Strong Excel abilities.
- Ideally some Postgres / PostgreSQL knowledge.
- Any experience with ETL tools welcomed
- Great attention to detail, you enjoy the process and have a genuine pride in getting it right!
- Curious, you love to query and improve – this role will really suit someone who can think and then act!
- Strong communication skills – both your team and clients will want to feel you’re a safe pair of hands and that you care about their business.
What’s it in for me? This is a new position so it’s very much yours to make your own! A hands-on and varied role with plenty to keep you busy. You’ll be joining one of the brightest and best Data outfits in London with lots of potential for personal growth and development too!
Salary: to £55K with a generous range of benefits & discretionary bonus
Sounds great how do I apply? Either apply online below or Email your CV now! apply@NewPageRecruitment.com We’ll be right back with you to discuss next steps (and if you’re not quite right we’ll see what else we have for you