Your new company
I am working with a large health membership organisation based in London that is looking to bring in a Temporary Communications Officer for up to three months while they mange the launch of their international congress. The congress will consist of both in person and online events.
Your new role
You will be supporting the Communications Manager on all the communications activities leading up to the launch of their largest annual congress, which is also one of the largest within the sector. The event is split up into two key areas: Policy debating and L&D/H&S workshops. The event will have over 5000 delegates and your role will all be surround their engagement. The communications plan for the event is highly personalised with a lot of detail, depending on the delegate. You will work with the manager to put together a show guide/itinerary for the event and a delegate pack along with email marketing campaigns and social media posting for the lead up and during the event.
What you'll need to succeed
- An excellent standard of literacy and numeracy, and the ability to demonstrate exemplary attention to detail.
- Knowledge of editorial processes.
- Experience of editing and proofreading.
- Experience of leading projects.
- Relevant experience in a communications or marketing role.
- Experience on Adobe InDesign at an intermediate level.
- Experience of using a website content management system and knowledge of online communications and social networking tools.
- Experience of writing for both print and digital media.
- Experience of effective communication between both internal and external stakeholders, at all levels.
- Excellent copy writing, editing and proofreading skills.
- Ability to plan and manage workloads and projects and prioritise in order to deal with competing demands.
- Ability to understand and effectively communicate an organisation's key messages and priorities.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Understands and respects diversity and equality
What you'll get in return
Flexible working options available. A competitive salary and the opportunity to work on a large scale project that is very relevant to current events
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Communications Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly