Events Officer (6 month contract)
Events Officer x 2 6 month contracts available, £29-32k, Public Sector, Glasgow, COP26
Your new company
You will be working within the public sector in Glasgow.
Your new role
You will be an events professional with several years of project management experience, you will support the Events Team in the delivery of the organisations busy annual portfolio of events. Working with a range of internal and external partners, you will manage events from inception to delivery, and will also provide post-event evaluation. You will be highly organised with strong attention to detail, able to balance competing deadlines in a dynamic and demanding environment and will also be familiar with best practice events coordination.
What you'll need to succeed
To succeed in this role you will have extensive experience of working in events, either within an HE institution or within another events environment;
- Extensive project management experience;
- Experience in the delivery of face-to-face events and of being responsible for the organisation and management of small to large-scale events (e.g. conferences/seminars/multi-day events)
- Extensive experience of personal development in a similar role;
- Proven experience of problem solving, planning, organising and setting priorities;
- Proven experience of decision making, involving independent analysis and judgement;
- Staff management or supervising experience
It would be desirable if you have experience working on virtual events but this is not essential.
What you'll get in return
Flexible working options available. In return you will be offered a 6 month contract and be paid £29-£32k on an hourly rate basis via Hays timesheets.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.