Senior Communications Manager
Senior Communications Manager – new head of team role leading on media relations, external and internal comms in mid-sized international law firm.
This international law firm has a formidable reputation within litigation and insurance. It has grown significantly in recent years, boasts an open and collegiate partnership with a low staff turnover. In addition, it has investing heavily in growing its marketing function and has a supportive team where you would learn and grow.
In this Senior Communications Manger role you will lead and develop the firm’s communications strategy covering both external and internal comms. Working with the marketing and BD function, as well as senior partners across the firm, the role will involve:
- Develop and implement an integrated communications strategy across the firm.
- Drive PR and media relations to build the reputation of the firm;
- Manage the firm’s PR agency;
- Create and develop the firm’s thought leadership programme;
- Develop the firm’s internal comms plan;
- Implementing internal comms initiatives and projects as well as channels and messaging;
- Be a champion for the use of social media across the firm;
- Oversee the development of content and the use of different channels such as video, online newsletters and the intranet;
- Set the strategy for the firm’s award submissions programme;
- Tracking and monitoring share of voice and media coverage; and
- Managing a small communications team.
You will have a significant track record in PR, external and internal communications with a professional services background (ideally within legal or a major accounting firm) or within the B2B insurance sector. Alternatively, you will come from a communications agency background, dealing with legal, financial services or insurance clients.