Social Media Officer
6 days left
- Job Role
- Social Media Executive
Social Media Officer
The Social Media Officer will work closely with the Senior Digital Communications Officer to drive forward our social media strategy, growing our channels, increasing engagement and writing and publishing timely and effective content.
Working with stakeholders around the organisation, you will find creative and engaging ways of promoting our work with the aim of building our brand awareness, engaging with existing and new audiences and motivating action. The role will be responsible for managing and building our presence and communities on social media and producing engaging digital content.
Social Media Officer Responsibilities:
- Deliver a creative social media strategy that engages members of the public by showcasing the work of the charity.
- Write, schedule and post content on all social media accounts (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn), own the social media calendar and be a brand guardian for the creative aesthetic of all social channels.
- Work closely with key stakeholders from across the charity to support campaign launches as well as events, publications and supplying support plans/schedules for social activity.
- Stay up to date with the latest developments from social media platforms and report back learnings to the team.
- Provide regular reports and analysis of social media activities (using Hootsuite/Google Analytics).
- Setting the company -wide practice guidance of social media and train others where necessary.
- Confidently handling any front of house/customer social media enquires - dealing with them in a timely manner.
- Support Senior Digital Communications Officer with day-to-day initiatives, campaigns and forward planning.
- Write engaging, impactful SEO friendly content across all formats to improve the charities organic reach.
- Copywriting, including but not limited to social media posts, blog articles and event descriptions.
- Contribute to team brainstorms and idea generation for content, brand initiatives and campaigns.
- This role might require working outside working hours to cover events, conferences and fundraising challenges.
Social Media Officer Requirements:
- Demonstrable experience in a similar role
- Delivering and evaluating social media campaigns and strategies
- Communicating with internal or external stakeholders in a clear, meaningful and effective way
- Developing social media channels, particularly Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Impeccable copy writing, attention to detail and ability to proof read and edit
- Managing social media communities
- Creating and managing content plans
- Approaching bloggers and other online influencers
- Experience of managing the social media of either a CEO or Director
- Experience of photoshop, illustrator or InDesign, and video creation
- Experience of digital advertising
- Digital communications, either with an agency or in-house (ideally with a charity)
- Using social media account management tools, such as Hootsuite
- Charity communications and international development issues
- Ability to be flexible, respond positively to change, and work effectively under pressure and deal with conflicting priorities
- Evidence of excellent IT skills particularly digital channel management software such as content management systems (CMSs), social networks, evaluation and analytics tools
- Candidates must be legally entitled to work in the UK at the time of application.
About Concern Worldwide:
We are an international humanitarian organisation that strives for a world free from poverty, fear and oppression.
We deliver life-saving and life-changing interventions to some of the world's poorest and most vulnerable people. From rapid emergency response to our innovative programming in health and nutrition, livelihoods and education, we go to the hardest to reach places to make sure that no-one is left behind.
Location: London or Belfast
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: Full Time
Salary: £30,993 - £34,255 per annum (London), £27,111 - £29,965 per annum (Belfast), plus benefits
Closing Date: 25th June 2021
Please note, we would like to fill this role as soon as possible, therefore we will periodically be shortlisting through the recruitment campaign and may close the role before advertised closing date.
All candidates who are short-listed for an interview will be notified via email after the application deadline.
You may have experience of the following: Social Media Officer, Social Media Manager, Social Media Assistant, Social Media Executive, Marketing Officer, Marketing Assistant, Marketing Executive, Marketing Manager, etc.
Apply for Social Media Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly