Performance Marketing Manager
Our client, a Sunday Times Tech Track 100 listed company, are one of the world’s largest online re-commerce platforms. They have transformed the way that people buy, sell and trade in photo and video kit. They recirculate more than 300,000 items of used kit every year, extending the life and creative potential of photo and video equipment for creators around the world.
Headquartered a stone’s throw from the Brighton seafront (with support from offices in Brooklyn and Berlin), they are expanding their UK team, seeking an experienced Performance Marketing Manager to contribute to our growth as a best-in-class organization.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and driven Performance Marketing Manager, with a head for numbers and data, and a big passion for digital technologies and all digital marketing channels, as well as an appreciation of more “traditional” marketing practices.
The role will play a critical part in the planning, execution and analysis of marketing campaigns across multiple markets (US, UK, Europe) and platforms. You will be working with a media agency who manages day-to-day buying and optimisation to help them get the best of the campaigns, being the connection between business knowledge and campaign knowledge.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate their expertise in performance marketing strategy, planning and execution. You must have experience in managing campaigns hands on, and be well versed in martech solutions for affiliates, shopping, search and paid social. You should have a strong understanding of data application and targeting, as well as messaging and creative strategies.
You will be well-versed in the concepts surrounding digital marketing and be happy constantly testing new strategies. Optimising to drive maximum transaction volume and value for the performance marketing budget will be second nature to you.
You will receive training and support to upskill on any channels and platforms where this is required to carry out day-to-day tasks.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Work with Head of Media and partner agencies to provide ongoing monitoring and analysis of media campaigns, identifying actionable insights and optimisations that can improve performance against KPIs
- Work closely with our Senior Marketing Analyst to develop in-channel reports and dashboards that shine a spotlight on campaign performance and be a key point of contact for campaign insight within the wider marketing team
- Pay close attention to creative performance and opportunities to further develop messaging, including personalised creative, to make further incremental gains to campaign performance
- Manage SaaS technology platforms for Affiliate marketing and the MPB product feed (training to be provided) and actively pursue a strategy of testing and learning within these platforms
- Negotiate agreements with media owners and publishers
- Provide support for offline media, in particular housekeeping of print media agreements and media partnerships.
- Acquire insight in online marketing trends and keep strategies up to date, sharing best practice with the wider team
- Monitor competition and provide suggestions for improvement
- Maintain partnerships with media agencies and vendors
- Support Head of Media across various ad hoc projects as required
- Use marketing tools to gather important data (social media, web analytics etc)
- Update spreadsheets with statistical, financial, and non-financial information
- Working understanding of performance marketing concepts and best practices
- Experience within a performance marketing, or similar role
- Experience working with the Google Marketing Platform and Facebook Ads Manager
- Knowledge of web analytics tools (e.g. Google Analytics)
- Analytical mindset and critical thinking