Social Media Officer
Day rate: £140 - £160
Start date: ASAP
Organisation: Transport for London
Contract length: 12 months
Full time: Monday to Friday
Your new role
For this role you will, research, draft, edit and publish targeted content via social media and TfL on-line to provide London's taxi and private hire licensees and stakeholders with open and transparent information, and the Enforcement and On-Street Compliance (EOS) team with intelligence to support on-street compliance and enforcement activities. You will manage their Twitter feed to provide Taxi and Private Hire drivers and stakeholders with a source of information relevant to them, obtain feedback from the trade, and respond to politically sensitive queries and issues.
What you'll need to succeed
- Experience working in a communications/social media role within the public sector
- Substantial level of experience of working professionally preparing, writing and responding to social media content, preferably gained in a large, complex, politically sensitive organisation with multiple demanding stakeholders
- Proven experience in creating and publishing content for the web and a wide range of social media platforms
- Proven experience of working within collaborative team, and ideally virtual team, environments
- Experience of working within corporate, statutory and policy guidelines, including usability and accessibility frameworks
- Experience of managing content throughout its lifecycle
- Experience of working in a high pressure politically sensitive environment.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or contact me on the details below. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking to a new position, feel free to contact me for a confidential discussion on your career.