Your new company
An established manufacturer of automated service solutions with an international reach, specialising in parking systems, public transport and service and maintenance.
Your new role
Leading the bid management process to ensure the team are pursuing and responding to new business opportunities mainly through public sector procurement's/tenders with winning responses and proposals.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Accountable for the response to all tenders and proposals ensuring review and governance, in the creation of high-quality proposals.
- Lead the 'Bid Team' comprising of various internal stakeholders within Operations, Solutions, Mechanical design, Sales, Finance, IT, Projects, and Commercial through a coordinated bid management process.
- Lead bid kick-off meetings, providing bid management direction and engagement with the Bid Team/internal stakeholders.
- Ensure that value adding, solution-based bids/proposals are created, with differentiated content to best position us versus the competition.
- Write, and oversee the writing of articulate, concise, proposals, Executive Summaries, presentations, and other documents as required with the objective of securing an Invitation to Tender or achieving shortlisted supplier status.
- Ensure key USP's are brought to life in new business submissions.
- Manage and contribute to the development of win strategies and themes.
- Work with key stakeholders to develop industry and customer insight, including competitor insight to aid our competitors selling strategy.
- Ensure that all potential sales opportunities are qualified. Ensuring opportunities undergo thorough evaluations based on opportunity / risk in the early stages (i.e., bid/no bid).
- Ensure that all proposals are completed on time and comply fully with the customer specification and requirements.
- Support CRM usage and sales pipeline reporting with a focus on bid status and contract values
- Work with the Bid Team/Internal Stakeholders to improve processes.
- Act as an ambassador for Bid management practices, bringing structure, clarity and governance to the process and discipline relating to bid management activities.
- Arrange/facilitate post-tender meetings/reviews of tender feedback; capture and circulate lessons learnt for continuous improvements with future bids/proposals.
What you'll need to succeed
- Articulate, with business writing experience, you will have strong written, verbal, and presentation skills and be a proficient user of Microsoft Office.
- With previous bid management experience, you will be used to working under pressure and to challenging deadlines with energy and passion and will have the flexibility to deal with change.
- If you have experience in the field of Parking Technology or Systems, and a knowledge of Public Sector Procurements and Tenders / ESPO Frameworks / Public Contract Regulations this would be an advantage.
- You may have experience of the following: Bid Manager, Business Development, Tender Management, Bid Writer, Tender Manager, Proposal Manager, Tender Writer, ITT, RFQ, etc
There is one direct report into this position so line management experience is preferred. A hybrid approach to remote working has been adopted, with the expectation that the team will return to the office full time in the future.
What you'll get in return
A competitive salary and a great benefits package!
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Rebecca on 01173746336.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.