Your new company
BDO LLP is an accountancy and business advisory firm who provide integrated advice and solutions to help businesses navigate a changing world, whilst sharing clients' ambitions and an entrepreneurial mind-set.
A superb opportunity to work within a supportive and creative environment, you will be equipped and empowered to deliver exceptional service. Developing strong, personal relationships with clients is at the forefront of BDO's service approach. A truly innovative and forward thinking place to work!
Global Outsourcing is an exciting, dynamic and fast-growing environment with seven service lines. Global Outsourcing sits within BDO's Business Service and Outsourcing stream. Clients are typically large UK or multi-national businesses, frequently working with US based clients and targets.
Your new role
Global Outsourcing's considerable growth over the last 7 years is set to continue, with a strong pipeline!
Working closely with the Senior Business Development Manager ("SBDM"), you will support the partners, directors and managers within Global Outsourcing in their sales and marketing activities, ensuring appropriate collaboration across the Business Services and Outsourcing stream and across other sectors and streams as required:
This will include:
- Supporting the SBDM, partners and directors with delivering communications material and collateral to both internal and external markets across Global Outsourcing and Business Services and Outsourcing as required.
- Working with the SBDM to propose and develop campaigns, events and thought leadership to meet planned objectives
- Undertaking research to identify stream targets and support business development activity
- Preparing proposals and presentation material
- Developing skills in digital marketing, working closely with the in-house digital team. This may include:
- Content writing for the website and online PR
- Integrated marketing strategy, making full use of digital channels
- Expertise in email marketing
- Reporting and tracking of online activity
- Supporting on strategic initiatives with third parties
- Being an expert user of CRM systems and client data to champion their use in order to ensure data quality
- Assisting with marketing and business development projects.
- Working closely with the business support community in the delivery of marketing campaigns and events and where appropriate to take responsibility for signing off (e.g. email marketing content generated by business support)
- Measuring the effectiveness of the programmes in meeting their objectives
- Being a brand champion, promoting best practice in this area
- Proactively sharing knowledge with the business support community.
- Monitoring sales pipeline
What you'll need to succeed
- Preferred - CIM diploma or equivalent accredited (or currently working towards) or relevant marketing experience
- Marketing experience - at least 2 years' experience, preferably in a professional services environment. Expertise in our chosen sectors or market segments is desirable but not a pre-requisite.
- Preferred - digital marketing communications experience (including the use of social media to support campaigns)
- Use of a CRM system and Microsoft Office experience essential
- Gathers information from a wide variety of sources, as needed, ensuring it is correct and comprehensive
- Ability to take initiative and work across cross-functional teams
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills
- Good planning and prioritising skills.
- Self-motivated, able to apply relevant skills to new scenarios.
- Aware of own personal development and contributes towards it.
- Self-starter, able to think outside the box and research an issue.
- Results orientated.
- Strong IT skills and commercial acumen
- Have a keen eye for market and customer insight, how to utilise it for commercial advantage
- A natural relationship builder, is able to relate to a wider cross section of people
There will be a certain level of travel required between offices, mostly within the M4 corridor, Bristol/Reading.
Applications are welcome from those seeking flexible or agile working arrangements.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Rebecca on 01173746336.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.