Senior Communications Officer
Organisation: London Borough
Contract length: 6 months
Start date: End of April
Full time: Monday to Friday
Your new role
Your role will be to provide press/media and communications advice and services to the councils large remit of campaigns, including public health, community safety and social housing. Using your excellent communications skills you will develop and implement a wide range of media strategies covering specialist areas of the councils decisions, policies and strategies. A key part of the position will be to develop and maintain relationships with a network of external contacts, including London and national media, to ensure effective communication of the councils strategies.
Your new role
- Experience working as a Communications Officer for a large public sector organisation
- Experience and a proven track record of success in providing media and public relations services in a busy press office, or as a qualified journalist.
- Demonstrable knowledge and understanding of local government and the issues facing the London boroughs in particular.
- Demonstrable knowledge and understanding of the media and experience of using media management techniques.
- Evidence of excellent communication skills, including the ability to write concisely and fluently.
- Experience building and maintaining strong, credible and meaningful relationships with assigned stakeholders
- A good understanding of the relationship between the media, council decision makers and the organisations key influential stakeholders.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or contact me on the details below. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking to a new position, feel free to contact me for a confidential discussion on your career.