PR Senior Executive
Our client is a professional membership body. This is an extremely exciting time of growth and development for them. The ongoing departure of the UK from the EU and the future prospects to build stronger trading agreements with countries outside of the Europe is changing the way that UK businesses trade globally. With its extensive knowledge and expertise, our client is perfectly positioned to help overcome any challenges arising from these changes and to emerge stronger, optimising the opportunities that the future presents.
Our client has risen successfully to the challenges and opportunities presented by the rise in importance accorded to Trade issues in the media and political sphere in recent years: as an adviser to individuals and business; as a provider of vital technical and regulatory advice; and as an authoritative voice for the sector amongst those developing policy and economic strategy nationally and around the world.
As part of that process, our client has recently appointed a Public Affairs Director to lead the shaping and promoting of their external profile and voice. Our client now wishes to appoint a Senior PR Executive to help further that aim. This role will be 4 days a week working from home, one office based.
You will be able to display enthusiasm, creativity, resourcefulness with a meticulous eye for detail and an understanding of policy formulation probably gained through experience of working in a policy focussed environment.
You will have:
- the experience to make a significant contribution to the development and delivery of a proactive, nimble and effective Communications Strategy
- Strong verbal and written communications skills in all channels, formulating and tailoring persuasive messages quickly and incisively to enhance their share of voice
- Strong experience of developing and communicating key messages to multiple audiences and stakeholder groups, delivering increased visibility/recognition and impact
- Work with a range of internal and external stakeholders to translate the Institute’s thinking into appropriate, timely and proactive external communications through the media and other communications channels, including social media where appropriate
- Identify PR opportunities and implement an integrated communications strategy to raise the company profile and to promote the work and contribution made to the UK (and beyond) by individuals and companies involved in export, import and international trade
- Building and maintaining a relevant database of media contacts
- Support the Public Affairs Director in building relationships with key UK and international bodies, including politicians and advisers, senior officials, government departments, regulators, relevant professional and industry associations and other opinion-formers
- Work collaboratively with all areas of the business to ensure that it maximises opportunities across the full range of its products and services
This is a the perfect opportunity for someone already working in PR and keen to step up. You will need to be a self-starter, ready with ideas and have a real passion for the media.
Whilst initially the office base will be Peterborough, later this year there will be the option for you to move your office base to London, whilst remaining working from home for four days a week. There's also a bonus, healthcare and pension on offer.
Apply for PR Senior Executive
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly