Senior Programs Coordinator: Events
Senior Programs Coordinator: Events
The ISUOG World Congress and International Symposium are annual events designed to deliver cutting edge, comprehensive, high quality science to our global and regional communities respectively. The World Congress enters its 31st year in 2021 and 17th for the Symposium. In 2021 one Congress and one Symposium are in progress, with the number of Symposia increasing to at least two in 2022.
The primary focus of this role is to develop and coordinate the ISUOG scientific programs for these events. You will work as part of the Event and Operations team and be the liaison for the relevant Committees, to lead, streamline, coordinate and improve the scientific and invited faculty program workflows. You will become a super-user on systems used to develop and deliver these programs and work cross-departmentally to efficiently and effectively deliver the highest quality programs. You will aid the delivery of day-to-day processes, e.g. abstract submission, faculty invitations etc. and the person in this role must have oversight and understanding of this.
Senior Programs Coordinator responsibilities:
To coordinate and administer ISUOG’s scientific program development and delivery:
• Lead on the creation of the scientific programs for the World Congress and International Symposium.
• Oversee all the procedures and processes that contribute to the successful delivery of the scientific programs.
• Contribute to the improvement of scientific programs through research and reviews.
• Coordinate and align event program content cross-departmentally.
• Act as the main point of contact and support for ISUOG invited faculty.
• Manage communication with faculty members.
• Manage relevant program web pages, ensuring relevance and currency at all times.
• Coordinate invited faculty invitations, responses and queries.
• Ensure the invited faculty entitlements policy is implemented.
• Coordinate abstract management: submission, review and publication process.
• Coordinate the speaker preparation and management process.
• Coordinate relevant certificate programs, breakout sessions and pre/post Congress and symposium courses.
• Prepare instructions and briefing documents.
• Manage onsite scientific program delivery including relevant staff briefings.
• Provide effective reporting, statistics and evaluations within areas of responsibility.
• Coordinate invited faculty thank you and gratuities process.
• Aid the creation of materials and promotional items connected with the scientific program.
To liaise with and support program-related committees:
• Help and coordinate, where relevant, program-related committees, e.g. Scientific Committee.
• Coordinate program planning meetings.
• Liaise with committee members to develop scientific program ideas.
• Collate data and prepare reports for discussion at committee and program meetings.
• Work with committees to evaluate and develop new scientific program formats.
Senior Programs Coordinator requirements:
• Good First degree.
• At least 4 years’ proven experience in a similar position.
• Track record of developing scientific meeting programs for international meetings of more than 500 delegates.
• Project management.
• Working with committees.
• Working independently and organising own workload.
• Excellent event program creation.
• Excellent aptitude for systems and Microsoft office tools, e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
• Further degree.
• Medical Events.
• Digital/virtual event delivery.
• Working knowledge of websites and content management systems.
• Other languages.
About The International Society of Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynecology:
The International Society of Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynecology (ISUOG) is a highly respected professional membership organisation across 140 countries comprised primarily of clinicians who are ultrasound experts in the field of obstetrics and gynecology. The Society includes obstetricians and gynecologists, trainees, medical doctors, scientists, sonographers, midwives and other health professionals who work to advance women’s health and well-being globally. Our mission is to improve women’s health through the provision, advancement and
dissemination of the highest quality education, standards and research information around ultrasound in obstetrics and gynecology. This is achieved through education and training, programmatic initiatives and advocacy.
We are an equal opportunities employer; and are proud to employ a workforce that reflects the diverse communities we serve. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons from all backgrounds.
Please submit your application, CV and covering letter as soon as possible; we reserve the right to close any adverts before the closing date once we have received sufficient applications.
For further details or if you have any queries, please visit our website.
Status: Permanent, 5 days (37.5 hours) per week
Salary: £33,000-£35,000 per annum dependent on experience, plus benefits
Location: The role is based from ISUOG House, 122 Freston Road, London, W10 6TR (although subject to temporary home working due to COVID-19 restrictions).
Closing date: 20th April 2021
You may have experience of the following: Events Programme Manager, Events Programme Coordinator, Programme Manager, Programme Management, Events Manager, Events Marketing Manager, Events Project Manager, , Project Management, Project Coordinator, Medical Events Coordinator, Event Coordinator, Conference and Events Coordinator, Project Assistant, etc.