Communications Officer - Temporary job - Marketing Job
Your new company
We are currently working with an excellent Public Sector organisation who are looking for a Communications Officer on a temporary basis. This represents a fantastic opportunity for a communications professional with Local Government experience to join a welcoming and friendly team.
Your new role
- Help to reach, engage and listen to the views of key stakeholders, including its staff, residents and external partners.
- Support the Communications and Engagement Manager to implement the communications activities and campaigns set out in the Annual Communications Plan, Communications and Engagement Strategy and Internal Communications
- Manage and improve the reputation and relationships, while owning and developing our communications channels, ensuring that our corporate priorities underpin all communications.
- Develop, plan, deliver and evaluate communication activities and campaigns for a range of services, clearly setting out key messages, audiences and stakeholders, channels, deadlines, budget requirements, research and data within communication plans.
- Effectively manage a caseload of communications projects alongside reactive communications requests and demands
- Produce and create high quality, targeted and engaging copy and content for different audiences and communications channels including the website, press releases, social media, publications and other communications and marketing materials
- Train and empower colleagues on communication matters, including content creation for social media.
- Monitoring the effectiveness of, and making recommendations for improving campaigns and communications channels.
What you'll need to succeed
- Proven communications, engagement, PR, marketing or journalism experience
- Experience of working in a local authority, public sector or not for profit sector
- Political acumen and understanding of working in a political environment
- Demonstrable experience of researching, producing and editing targeted and high-quality copy for written publications including press releases and digital media
- Experience of developing communication/marketing plans
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience of working with customers, clients and stakeholders
- Ability to influence and persuade senior manager decision making with clear, fact-based reasoning.
- Ability to manage own caseload of projects, deal with conflicting priorities and multi-task.
- Educated to degree level
- CIM qualifications desirable
- Ideally you will be immediately available or on a short-notice period
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Communications Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly