Community Engagement Specialist
Your new company
A transport/logistics company based in London that is part of the Government.
Your new role
You will be engaging members of the public and residents across London, to be invested and excited about the new transport links that are getting processed and rolled out across the whole of Greater London. You will oversee communications, engagement and consultation with London's boroughs, Sub-Regional Partnerships, local communities and neighbourhoods in the assigned/project area's; ensuring a consistent and coordinated approach to achieve objectives and priorities set by both internal and external stakeholders
What you'll need to succeed
- Evidence of an understanding of the complexities of high-profile public sector organisations operating in political and institutional environments.
- Excellent understanding of the political and policy context in which transport bodies have to operate.
- Excellent understanding of the strategic issues and needs of London.
- Knowledge of meaningful consultation, engagement processes and techniques, awareness of case law and legal challenge safeguards
- Knowledge of consultation and engagement processes and techniques.
- Proven strategic engagement / communications experience
- Have personal impact, and the ability to get to grips with complex issues
- Strong influencing skills, the ability to manage competing demands and advise leaders on challenging issues
- An understanding of communication evaluation and keenness to act on the results
- Effective and persuasive communicator with strong written skills
- Ability to respond positively and quickly to unexpected developments
- Customer orientated with a focus on great customer service.
What you'll get in return
Flexible working options available, the opportunity to make a considerable difference to an organisations and the City of London. As well as a competitive salary as outlined.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.