Online Community Assistant
Looking for an Online Community Assistant for a 6 month FTC job
Your new company
An iconic Health Charity based in central London
Your new role
Our online community provides vital support for people with dementia, carers and their families. You will support the effective operation of the charities online community forum, using your online community management skills to moderate content, working collaboratively with the wider forum team to complete complex tasks and escalate key issues to the Online Community Manager. You will help ensure that the service meets the needs of people affected by dementia including supporting those who are at risk of harm and abuse. You'll manage the email enquiries inbox, ensuring a wide range of queries are handled effectively, in an empathic and supportive way. You will help to support service promotion activities by curating and creating content to showcase the value of the service. You'll also help to support two teams of volunteers who are based remotely, and actively support the organisation of our volunteer meetings where we bring the whole team together for training and peer support.
- Experience in running or moderating online communities or groups, preferably in a health-related field
- Computer and internet literate, with a good knowledge of online communities and social media platforms, and an interest in and aptitude for online communication
- Good experience in using Microsoft Office applications e.g. Outlook, Teams and Yammer (or equivalent applications for email management, online collaboration and team communication), and a willingness to learn new skills as needed
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with proven ability to listen well to others, and to express views in a clear, empathetic and understanding manner
- Experience representing an organisation externally, and of identifying and managing reputational risk
- Experience of, and confidence in, managing and resolving conflict and disagreements
- Experience in writing for the web and social media platforms
- Understanding of the requirements of a service aimed at supporting vulnerable people, and the complex practical, emotional, physical and mental health needs of service users
What you'll get in return
A competitive salary and benefits provided by the organisation.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.