Head of Communications
Head of Communications permanent opportunity with CITB in Peterborough
Hays Marketing & Communications is proud to be working in partnership with CITB in Peterborough who are recruiting a Head of Communications which is a pivotal role where you will be a part of their leadership team.
CITB aims to lead the construction sector by example to ensure fairness, inclusion and respect for all. They seek to build a workforce that reflects Britain's diverse population and people from under-represented groups are encouraged to apply for vacancies.
About the role:
To provide their customers, stakeholders and colleagues with clear, simple, transparent and consistent communications and information to make CITB an easier organisation to deal with, improve customer satisfaction, raise awareness, influence perceptions and maximise the reputation and credibility of the CITB brand.To lead & inspire the communications team, maintaining a high-performance culture to achieve agreed outcomes that support CITB's strategic aims.
You will be responsible for the below;
- Accountable for maximising stakeholders' awareness and take up of CITB products & services and the value and impact that CITB has in supporting industry, owning the CITB narrative
- Responsible for developing and driving overall CITB Communications strategy and overseeing tactical delivery, through all channels, to meet business objectives, ensuring all relevant customer facing teams are fully aware of the most up-to-date corporate messages and campaigns, ensuring alignment with face to face engagement strategy
- Manage development and execution of annual external communication plan to incorporate BAU and major initiatives, ensuring alignment of messaging, timing and activity
- Developing CITB's Brand Strategy (including tone of voice) and ensuring consistent application across the full range of CITB communications, products and services
- Accountable for performance across the range of communication channels including Press, PR, Social Media, Digital & Internal communications with a focus on maximising the return on investment from communication spend
- Providing communications and marketing solutions to colleagues across CITB to support the achievement of their business objectives, within the framework of the corporate communications strategy and plan
- Accountable for the design and implementation of communication campaigns, where required by organisational strategy, to influence change in the construction sector and the way it is viewed by potential entrants
- Continuous learning & improvement of communication activities to deliver improved results
- Responsible for ensuring effective long-term working with key support partners through effective senior level supplier management
- Accountable for the corporate narrative, deciding the best way to deliver communications to achieve the required impact on different audience groups. Listening and collaborating with others in the business, but ultimately the decision maker on our communication agenda.
- Deciding the optimum blend of communication methods to maximised ROI
- Responsible for the success of CITB in improving stakeholder satisfaction through effective communications and messaging
- An excellent communicator with demonstrable ability to develop communications that resonate with different target audiences
- Demonstrable experience of leading organisational communications to achieve impact
- Experience in leading and inspiring teams and colleagues to achieve new levels of performance and outstanding results
- Experience of managing & coordinating multiple programmes of activity simultaneously identifying interdependencies and conflicts in order to streamline activity for customers
- Extensive experience in working with external agencies to deliver high quality work to defined budgets.
- A recognised marketing qualification at degree or postgraduate level and recent experience of leading a marketing function.
- Experience of managing and monitoring effectiveness of a marketing department and improving efficiency, effectiveness and return on investment
- Strong communication and influencing skills to clearly explain and justify (using evidence) CITB's marketing strategy position to senior stakeholders internally and externally
- Experience of managing budgets and resources
* Evidenced success in changing customer views and perceptions
* Knowledge of public sector/not for profit environment
* Relevant post-graduate qualification
* Knowledge of the construction industry and built environment
- Car/Car Allowance (£6,588 pa)
- 33 days holiday per year (Including bank holidays)
- Flexible benefits including childcare vouchers, cycle to work and insurance
- Pension scheme
- Employee discounts
- Long service awards
- CITB recognition scheme
- Employee assistance programme
For more information about the role and organisation please contact Kate Geoghegan at Hays Marketing, Business Director on M: 07595968599 or apply now with your up to date CV.
Apply for Head of Communications
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly