Start date: ASAP
Organisation: Greater London Authority
Contract length: 5 months
Your new role
Your role will be to provide press/media and communications advice and services to the Mayor of London, the Deputy Mayors and their advisors and senior GLA officers. Using your political awareness and excellent communications skills you will develop and implement a wide range of media strategies covering specialist areas of the Mayor's decisions, policies and strategies. A key part of the position will be to develop and maintain relationships with a network of external contacts, including London and national media, to ensure effective communication of the Mayor's policies and strategies.
Your new role
- Experience working as a press officer for a large public sector organisation
- Experience and a proven track record of success in providing media and public relations services in a busy press office, or as a qualified journalist.
- Demonstrable knowledge and understanding of London and the issues facing a major world city.
- Demonstrable knowledge and understanding of the media and experience of using media management techniques.
- Evidence of excellent communication skills, including the ability to write concisely and fluently.
- Experience building and maintaining strong, credible and meaningful relationships with assigned stakeholders
- A good understanding of the relationship between the Media, political decision makers and the organisations key influential stakeholders.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or contact me on the details below. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking to a new position, feel free to contact me for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Press Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly